The converted 34-foot Winnebago that debuted at the Burning Man 2012 Fertility 2.0 is being reworked and reinvented to rise from the post-apocalyptic ashes to join the Cargo Cult Society in 2013 -- but we need your help to get this bird ready for flight.
- The seal on her transmission is cracked and leaking heavily which is bad for her and the environment – repairing this will be expensive (and not too sexy) but absolutely necessary to get us to the Playa - $1,200
- She’s hot – we mean SUPER HOT – we need to install some radiator fans to keep her engine cool and some cab fans to keep our kind-hearted drivers cool too - $400
- They say the windows are the eyes to the soul, for the Phoenix, the windows are desperately in need of replacement - $750
- There are the expenses just to bring her to the burn including: Fuel $950, Insurance $600, and general maintenance $1000
- Rope lighting will keep all her passengers safe and visible at night – we need to buy several hundred feet of rope lighting, or would accept a donation of the lights themselves if available. -$?
- Every girl wants to look her best for the burn, and our girl is no exception! New artistry paint, new black lights, and a locator beacon (visible for a mile) - $1,600
What does the Phoenix already have?
- A second story parade deck which provides an overall ~40 person capacity with dance poles
- A powerful 6000-watt generator powered sound system staffed with a professional DJ
- Amazingly beautiful hammered sheet metal feathers and wings to glide across the playa
If we get the $5000 we can do a lot, but if we only get $2500, we’ll have to do some cost cutting on lights and sound. We want to bring it back and we need your help!!!
Risks and challenges
The Phoenix isn't just an old machine but a soul brought to you by a long time family of Burners. Northwest Mist is the home of craftsmen, electricians, mechanics, DJs, artists, and lots of labor of love. In addition to our famous misting tent, Northwest Mist brought you The Ghost of The Lady Washington, an intimate mutant vehicle jewel that has sailed the playa for the past five years.
We have the skills but we still need to buy hard parts and fuel to make the soul of the Phoenix come to life. We have the people power to make it happen but we need your help to bring it all together. She's not out of the ashes yet. With your help we will make it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)