WHY WE NEED FUNDING ...
To complete a creative work in progress. It is the filming of a short comedy indie film, Whatever Goes TV:The Movie, (WGTV) which is based on a comedic Award-winning local TV show created by actor Steve DiGennaro. There is an awesome team of creative professionals set in place, excited and ready to go. However, there are expenses that must be met. As you see in our video and the photos, we did shoot some footage however, we need to do much more to keep the same high quality.
S Y N O P S I S ...
Whatever Goes TV's (WGTV) concept is a satirical and sometimes surreal look into the mind of a person who has a dream of being a famous TV show host, played by actor Steve DiGennaro. This comedy of many levels shows what the weight of having dreams and aspirations can do to ones subconscious.
The landscape of WHATEVER GOES TV is a mixture of reality and daydreams gone wild. Whatever Goes TV is unique in that the sketches are inserted to move each distinctive plot line along to its conclusion. We can all relate to Steve's struggles and triumphs, especially when the triumphs come in such hilarious and subversive ways. His battle results in inspiration for "Whatever Goes TV", the show within the movie. The lines between reality and TV clash in this short films poignant, funny and absurdist climax.
W H A T E V E R G O E S T V : The project nobody dared to dream about…. until now!
O B J E C T I V E ...
With your support, we will have the resources to pay our talented actors and dedicated crew while significantly increasing the production value of this project.
We strongly believe in Whatever Goes TV and we are having a blast creating it, however, we need your help. We are asking for a very conservative amount and we thank you in advance for your support!
WHAT YOUR $$$ WILL BE USED FOR…
I T I S A L L O R N O T H I N G
* This is OUR FUNDING GOAL AMOUNT . Raising this amount will GUARANTEE the completion of this short film. We really appreciate your support. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
- A quicker film shoot with a skeleton crew & minimal actors.
- Stipend paid to the crew and talent.
- Craft Services (Meals & Light refreshments) for the crew & talent.
- Locations will have to be donated by friends.
- Minimal Props and Wardrobe (Created and Handled by us).
- Stipend Paid to an Editor (longer to complete).
- Miscellaneous ( Hard Drives, Memory Cards, etc. )
- A paid Intern for Marketing.
- Campaign Fees & Backer Rewards ( including packaging & shipping costs)
*The following are our S T R E T C H G O A L S. We can do many more cool things if we raise these additional funds . Thankfully, this great website does not have a cap on how much more we can raise over our funding goal amount. But in case we do raise more , we want you to know we have a plan. So….
*************** If $10,000 is Raised *****************************************
BIGGER AND BETTER
- A flexible film shoot with a small crew & cast of actors.
- Per Diem Wages paid to the crew and talent.
- Craft Services (Better Meals & Light Refreshments ) for the crew and talent.
- Some Locations will be affordable to rent.
- Better quality Props and Wardrobe.
- Part Time Freelance Editor. ( quicker to complete )
- Miscellaneous ( Hard Drives, Memory Cards, etc. ).
- Independent Marketing Consultant.
- Campaign Fees & Backer Rewards ( including packaging & shipping costs).
- A paid Intern for Hair/Makeup.
*************** If $15,000 or more is Raised *******************************
BELLS AND WHISTLES
- A Professional & High Quality film shoot (including reshoots,if needed) with an appropriate sized crew and actors + extras.
- Average and fair wages paid to the crew and talent.
- Catered Craft Services for the crew and talent.
- Locations for this film will be affordable to rent.
- Obtaining Insurance, Permits, etc.
- A Freelance Prop Master and Key Wardrobe.
- Full Time Freelance Editor.(Finished Project will be completed quickly)
- Miscellaneous ( Hard Drives, Memory Cards, etc. ).
- Campaign Fees & Backer Rewards ( including packaging & shipping costs).
- A professional Hair/Makeup Artist .
- Sound Design
- Music Scoring
- DVD Duplication & Design
- Marketing / Advertising Executive
- Accounting Fees
- Legal Fees
So Remember…We need to reach our funding goal amount ($5,000) to make this film but….
IF WE EXCEDE OUR FUNDING GOAL....
- MORE MONEY = MORE FUNNY We will write,film & produce extra scenes for WGTV:The Movie which may even turn into another episode of WGTV: The TV Show.
- MORE MONEY = MORE TIME Exceeding our funding goal will free up our time. It would allow us to focus solely on this film so we can continue to produce the highest quality of work.
- MORE MONEY = MORE FESTIVALS Entering the Film Festival circuit could be quite expensive. For those of you who do not know, they charge a submission fee and then decide if your film will play at their festival. Either way, you do NOT get that money refunded.Traveling to them is even a bigger expense since festivals are nationwide, and even worldwide. It is vital to network with the industry professionals, including potential distributors, who are in attendance at these festivals. We would love to make an appearance at every festival that accepts our film.
- MORE MONEY = MORE MARKETING We will hire an experienced film marketing company to work on marketing & distribution for audiences, both nationally and internationally.
- MORE MONEY = MORE PROTECTION The cost of legal fees are high. We will use some of the extra money to offset them. We need to protect our product by issuing the proper paperwork including; but not limited to; contracts, waivers, non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, etc. *Depending upon how much more $$ is reached, some of these listed may not take place.
As you can see (Listed above), we are asking for a goal that only covers the "Bare Essentials", which will allow us to produce the film on a tight & limited budget. We appreciate your support and would love the chance to make a higher quality film. Please review the other two categories listed,"Bigger and Better " and "Bells and Whistles", for your consideration, if at all possible.
With your assistance, we can achieve our goal of having a SUCCESSFUL Kickstarter campaign and complete our film. Additionally, if we exceed our goal, we can create a higher quality product and produce it in a timely manner.
ONCE FILMING IS COMPLETE...
OUR 1st GOAL is to enter Whatever Goes TV: The Movie into as many film festivals as possible in hopes of mass exposure for all who have participated in the process of making the film.
OUR 2nd GOAL is to secure a distribution deal of some kind to generate revenue and develop a market.
OUR 3rd GOAL is to create a franchise that would reach out via network or cable TV along with a presence on the internet albeit iTunes, NetFlix, or a similar platform.
O U R K I C K S T A R T E R V I D E O
We hope you enjoyed our video. Our intention was to be original, while showing you some of our creativity and talent behind WGTV. Please be advised the video was not meant to insult, belittle, or enrage anyone. Please understand the video and captions were meant for amusement only. It is not to be taken literally. It is all in fun.
S p o t l i g h t A l l e y P r o d u c t i o n s
in association with
S L D e a n S t u d i o s
Our Kickstarter Video was
Written & Directed by John Bis
Filmed & Edited by SLDean Studios
Director of Photography- Sam DeAngelis
Production Assistant- Jillian Faith
Voice Over by John Bis
-C A S T-
Marie Alexandra Accardi
"THE TEARS OF THE TEARFUL"
Lyrics & Arrangement by John Bis
Vocals by Ryan Kelly Berkowitz
Sound Engineer - Ahmed Mahmoud
TEARS OF THE TEARFUL (LYRICS)
The tears of the tearful
are like tears that come from tears
The tears of the tearful will last for years
Please help us and donate
or our blood is on your hands
If you really want to kill us
click away , click away
You might not get cancer
if you help us today
No that's not true I'm just desperate
and I don't know what else to say
We will all take our own lives if you don't help our cause
'cause this song is depressing and there's twenty verses more
Please help us and donate or our blood is on your hands
If you really want to kill us click away, click away
HOW WHATEVER GOES TV:THE MOVIE WAS BORN...
Whatever Goes TV (WGTV) is the name of the sketch comedy show, created by NY Actor Steve DiGennaro. After filming the sketches for the show and editing was completed, Steve hosted some public & private screenings of his work. After watching WGTV on the big screen at one of the Whatever Goes TV screenings, a writer approached him, with the utmost enthusiasm, and pitched some new ideas for a new WGTV script. He wanted to embellish on the characters he thought to be most interesting. The most appealing to him was the relationship between Actors Steve DiGennaro & his sister, Actress Lisa DiGennaro... on and off camera.
After several successful meetings, it went into pre-production. Once filming began, the morale was heightened on set almost immediately as they began to see the magic that was taking place. At that time, everything seemed to be moving along very smoothly.
Then, in October 2012, the home of our Writer/Director, was destroyed by Super Storm Sandy. This obviously brought our production to a screeching halt. Luckily, though, he survived the storm however, still has not been able to move back home. Although he may not be able to continue with this project, we still would like to honor his vision and creativity by completing it. We hope that he will be able to jump back onboard in some manner once he sees our successful campaign.
HERE'S A LITTLE BACKGROUND...
T h e F o l l o w i n g ...
T h e P r e m i e r e S c r e e n i n g ...
In July 2011,WGTV hosted a successful 1 hour screening of the show that included sketches, story lines, & characters to introduce to the public what WGTV is all about. Over 150 people attended the small NY venue to watch the premiere. The positive feedback from the crowd was overwhelming.
Steve decided to bring the show to his local public access station at Staten Island Community Television (SICTV). They aired it frequently and gave WGTV the Notable Outstanding Video Achievement (NOVA) Award in 2013 for BEST COMEDY!
MEET THE FACES BEHIND WGTV ...
STEVE DIGENNARO Creator/Actor/Producer Brooklyn born actor, Steve DiGennaro has built a reputation as the kind of actor who can bring the most mundane characters to life in the most interesting ways. On the page of a script, some roles appear not to have much to them but in the hands of Mr. DiGennaro, they come to life precisely as needed to keep an audience engaged. Steve portrayed Norman Bulansky, the Nathan Lane role in the play “The Boys Next Door”. A fictional character that was imbued with such a level of pathos and realism that it made one feel like they were watching a documentary on stage. Steve has also portrayed real life characters as well. In the TV show, “I Married A Mobster” he played the role of real life ex-convict, Michael DeLucia to great acclaim. In 2011 Steve produced and created the sketch comedy show, “Whatever Goes TV” which will soon be turned into an indie movie. Steve’s depiction of the small but pivotal role of Frankie in Comedy Flo Entertainments “Philly Furnished” made such an impact with viewers that his character was showcased in the follow up film, “Mama Needs A Ride”. In addition to his on screen talent, Steve learned a lot about the many different responsibilities behind the scenes while filming WGTV:The Show. He jumped right onboard wearing many hats, including but not limited to, writing , co-directing , and even held the boom for certain scenes. After filming wrapped, he insisted on learning more by taking classes where he learned all about studio recording including technical directing, audio set up & engineering,camera operations, Floor directing & editing. After completing his studies, Steve became a certified producer at his local cable television studio.
LISA DIGENNARO Actress/Producer Lisa fell in love with acting in high school and then continued to take classes while in college. She also enrolled in NYC Acting classes such as HB Studios, TVI and was accepted into the year intensive Acting Program at TAI. Her experience started with Theater and Extra roles on tv shows and movies and currently includes independent shorts. Being involved with this project is exciting and she has learned a lot about all of the other aspects of the industry.
SAM DEANGELIS Director of Photography Sam DeAngelis,founder of SLDean Studios, personalizes his shoots to fit the needs of clients and represents them within the best light. While adhering to the constant changing industry, SLDean.com continues to stand at the edge of modern photography and videography. SLDean’s goal is to inspire creativity and capture the beauty of the world around him.Recently Published ONE Magazine Be-Mag Art of Rolling Crimson Magazine – Morristown Beard Schools Chatham Patch
MICHAEL NITTOLO Writer/Director Michael Nittolo is a young, enthusiastic, mogul in the making, who currently works free lance for multiple production companies in the New York/New Jersey area. He is best known for his directorial work, as well as his talents in writing and producing. Michael and his co-producer Samuel DeAngelis, most recently have been accepted into the 2013 10th Annual Big Apple Film Festival for their short film entitled, FISH. Michael has worked on everything from screenwriting to music videos, as well as television and film production. His production credits include his work with VH1, Missy Elliot, and the Big Apple Film Festival.
Risks and challenges
We have listed all of our intentions and goals on this page however, as you know, things can happen that can delay or alter our plan. Please know that we have a team of professionals who will thoroughly work through any challenges that may arise. We will ALWAYS keep you all informed of any new changes every step of the way. Rest assured, this project will be filmed, as long as this is a successful campaign, there is nothing that can stop us.This is a project that is years in the making so all the preparations are in place and we just need your support to make it happen.
PLEASE HELP US ADD A DOSE OF LAUGHTER TO YOUR LIFE BY JOINING OUR FAMILY!!
THANK YOU!!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (18 days)