Over a year ago I was forced to withdraw from my dream college. I attended Columbia College Chicago and I studied Fashion Photography. I didn't complete my college degree because I ran out of funding for school. I had to pack up my belongings and move back home to Kansas City. Instead of giving up on my future I decided to create my own opportunity. Before you knew it, I came up with Keefe Cravat LLC, an online bow tie store that enhances your sense of style.This creation was designed with several things in mind. I knew I wanted to create something that no one could take for me because I always found myself giving up on opportunities that required money.
After my last financial burden, I said enough is enough and I went on to become an entrepreneur. I started Keefe Cravat on my 21st birthday as I give to myself. (March 1st) The only thing I had when I started this company was ambition. Now that its been a year of hard work and dedication I decided to create a KickStarter account to help raise money, so I can tell my story behind my bow ties and what Keefe Cravat really means to me.
Where will your MONEY go?
It would go towards the FW 2014 Advertisement Campaign which will build brand awareness for Keefe Cravat. I will also be able to tell my vision and educate people on my brand.
- Marketing & Advertisement- This will help with market development by creating lifestyle campaigns that will be in the form of videos and photography.
- Distribution-This funding piece will help with selling, shipping, packaging, and delivering.
- Manufacture-This funding would help with the cost and time of our local seamstress and the supplies to design the bow ties.
- Kick Starter fees- This funding will help with the fees that KickStarter charge for funding a project.
Reward #1-Pledge $5
- A Thank you email and your choice between a black or white Keefe Cravat Logo.
Reward #2-Pledge $15
- A special shout on our Social Media accounts with your handle information. You must like or follow the account and have either a Facebook,Twitter or Instagram
- A handwritten thank you later from the designer
- A Keefe Cravat Sticker
Reward #3-Pledge $30
- You can choose either the black or white Keefe Cravat Tee and it comes with a Keefe Cravat Sticker (10cm W.- 5cm L)
Reward #4-Pledge $40
At a very special price receive the official Keefe Cravat Logo Bow tie (clip on style)
Reward #5-Pledge $75
- You get to choose two handmade bow ties.The options to choose from are Yellow, Dark Blue , White , Orange, Green, Purple, Pink , Red and or Black
Reward #6-Pledge $110
- Receive three handmade bow ties from the SS 2014.The options to choose from are Yellow, Dark Blue, White, Orange , Green, Purple, Pink, Red and or Black
Reward #7-Pledge $140 and #8-Pledge $230
- #7- You get 2 custom company logo bow ties of your choice
- #8-You get 4 custom company logo bow ties of your choice
Reward #9-Pledge $550
Design you very own bow tie collection with the Designer. Includes a Photo ad campaign and you get up to 7 bow ties to design of your choice. *Restrictions May Apply*
- March 12th- Kick Starter Launch
- April 11th- Funding goal reached
- April 24th- Funds will be drafted to Keefe Cravat Bank Account in full
- April 25th- May 8th-Pledges are being prepped & ready for Seamstress
- May 9th-June 12th- Manufacturing is taking place.
- June 13th - June 30th- Pledges are being distributed
Keefe Cravat Executive Summary:
Company Description: Keefe Cravat launched on 03.01.13 and LLC as of 04.01.13. The company creates bow ties that are available to men. Selling classic, trendy and traditional bow ties that will be fitting for any occasion. Operating in Kansas City, Mo, the business consists of selling merchandise and providing services to consumers through vendor tables and through its online store at keefecravat.com.
- Mission Statement: To bridge the gap between Fashion and Confidence.
- Slogan/Tagline: Be Different, Be You.
- Target: Men who are 20-41 that are professionals who uses fashion to express themselves.
- Product: Bow Tie’s/ Tee Shirts.
- Location: Online store/Website www.keefecravat.com
Vision: To create change in the fashion industry with trendy and innovative bow ties. Over the course of three to five years we will impact three regional markets or more, released five bow tie collections, add additional products, participate in 180+ events, participate in 60+ community service events, collaborated with boutiques, generate a steady cash flow, impacted 300k+ people, open a store front in Kansas City, Mo. ETC.
Summary of Accomplishments:
Over the last 12 months, Keefe Cravat has flourished and has participated in over several fashion shows, sponsorship's, giveaways, private events, community services and has even been featured on KCTV5 News with Better KC. (ETC). Keefe Cravat was recently chosen to be a part of Kansas City Fashion Week Spring 14' which is one of the biggest fashion productions in Kansas City. Also, I had the pleasure of meeting with the Mayor of Kansas City, Sly James and gave him a couple of bow ties; he was elated to receive them.
Keefe Cravat has been featured on the following:
Be Different, Be You
Risks and challenges
As the owner and founder of Keefe Cravat LLC, I’ am committed to producing bow ties locally.Now the biggest challenge with that is, is getting the bow ties seamed and ready for shipping. I only have a couple of seamstress involved with Keefe Cravat. And with my business being my only means of income I have to limit how many personal orders I can take in order to fulfill each and every pledge.But by sticking to the manufacturing timeline, I am determined to get every order fulfilled by June of 2014 .Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)