TheOne - Survive the Game
TheOne - Survive the Game
There can be only One! Your smartphone vibrates when another player gets close Prepare yourself, turn your device into a virtual sword!
There can be only One! Your smartphone vibrates when another player gets close Prepare yourself, turn your device into a virtual sword! Read more
Fight from North to South, in your town, school, office, sport center, through the streets... turn your mobile phone into a virtual sword and defeat the Candidates you encounter!
THE AGE OF IMMORTALS IS COMING...
The Challenge is coming! Detect other players when you get close to them and turn your mobile phone into a virtual sword! Become TheOne.
TheOne, Survive the Game is a social location-based videogame for smartphones that happens around you... In any moment, even as you walk through the streets, your device can detect other players around and warn you of the danger. Be the first in sliding your finger across your screen, draw your phone like if it was a real sword and play a swordmatch swinging it in the air. Defeat your opponent and absorb part of his power in order to become TheOne.
TheOne allows you to enter an alternate reality that takes place around you, where some citizens are immortal, an era where the fight for eternity becomes a way of life.
A new world! Some citizens have secretly achieved immortality and are fighting for their survival and power. You might have walked past them on the streets. As an immortal fighter you can sense other players, recover from your wounds, and even come back from the dead.
You don't play the game on the screen, now the world is the playground. Your mobile becomes a tool, a sixth sense to detect dangers and objects. And is also a sword that you use to fight.
When playing TheOne your mobile phone will vibrate to warn you if you approach a competitor. You will sense your rivals while going for a walk, studying, working... Get your first Sword and earn powers by defeating your opponents. Find items and rewards, join the Tournaments or create your own. Make clear that you are the best player of your area and change the course of history: become TheOne.
<< Features already accomplished >>
- Detect opponents when you get close to them!
- Fight with others to Train or participate in Death Tournaments.
- Several attack and parrying moves by moving your smartphone in the air.
- Improve your Equipment, collect Swords and items.
- Improved in-game rewards and gifts.- Find items while walking in the street or going into special places.
- Survive the Tournaments, show yourself to be the one who can survive. Become legend!
<< Features to be finished >>
- Improve movement detection.
- New leveling system that provides game balancing.
- New Tournament system: Join a public Tournament or create one of your own, make them public or invite your friends only.
- Dominate your surroundings: Siege Towers to show yourself to be the master of your area and leave a warning to anyone approaching it.
The more power you get, the stronger your character will become. You will gain access to new Tournament ranks and better Equipment. Choose the Sword that best fits your fighting style. It will be the first thing your rival will see, together with your Avatar.
And maybe the last thing they see.
HOW IT WORKS
TheOne turns your smartphone into a sword you can brandish by moving your phone in the air and an extra sense that will warn you of dangers and items you will find on the way. The game can be running at all times, even when you have the smartphone in your pocket (with very low battery consumption). This way, we can bring the gaming experience from your mobile phone to the streets around you.
The game combines the bluetooth and geolocation services to show you the items or players around you. Bluetooth detection allows you to sense players that are very close. Be alert, both of you will know. Who will launch an attack first?
Because we have previously released a first version of the game on the AppStore and GooglePlay, we have learnt a lot and thus have redesigned the operation of the game. We are currently developing this second version that includes the elements described above. Your support will help us to finish this version and get ready to the full market launch.
Although we want to develop for other platforms, TheOne will only be available for iOS smartphones (for the moment). Our first goal is $28,000 that will allow us to finish the iPhone version, a second goal of $48,000 would allow us to start the port to Android immediately (otherwise it can take us a little longer). If we exceed this amount we will add more contents such as new swords, avatars and items to enrich the gaming experience. Do you know something even crazier? If we reach $100.000, besides creating an awesome game, we will take a picture of the whole team with a pink mohican.
If you like TheOne give us your support! We are happy to receive any help, from a like on Facebook, a tweet or a share. You will earn our eternal gratitude!
Support our project as a backer and gain access to the following rewards!
- $1 or more: Eternal gratitude.
- $5 or more: Tester access via TestFlight.
- $10 or more: Above ones + Beginner Potions pack + 10 orbs (in-game premium coins) .
- $15 or more: Above ones + First stage Sword.
- $25 or more: Above ones + Potions pack I + 50 game orbs (in-game premium coins) + Second stage Sword.
- $50 or more: Above ones + TheOne t-shirt in a Box + Mention in credits + Potions pack II + 100 orbs (in-game premium coins) + Third stage Sword.
- $99 or more: Above ones + TheOne t-shirt + 3D printed TheOne tag + Special mention in credits + Potions pack III + 100 game orbs (in-game premium coins) + TheOne Sword, Kickstarter Special Edition (not available in-game).
- $250 or more: Above ones + 3D printed mobile case (sword handle) in a Box + all avatars, all home screen backgrounds + 250 game orbs (in-game premium coins).
- $500 or more: Above ones + SPECIAL LIVE FOREVER Corp. MEGAPACK: Steampunk box, goggles and a pocketwatch to measure the Eternity.
- $3.000 or more: Above ones + Flight to Toledo (Medieval City in Spain) + Meet the team.
Risks and challenges
- Turning sensors' readings into movements is a complex task. We are planning a research in order to refine how to identify and accurate movements in the air. Despite the location of the device in the air is not accesible (the location sensors are not accurate enough), we expect to be able to make the movement recognition more accurate by detecting horizontal, vertical and diagonal strikes by using the change of the its orientation with gyroscopes and accelerometers. Our team counts with experienced computer science engineers that will help us deal with this task.
Android version (In case we reach the second funding goal):
- The current version that is in development, is a native iOS application. In case we reach the second funding goal we will also start preparing the Android version immediately. A previous attempt to create an Android version resulted in a lot of bugs and device manufacturers dependant issues. In order to achieve this goal and bring TheOne to Android, we will use a new framework and remake the game as multiplatform (instead of Android native). The framework choosen for this task is Unity, a framework with which we have gained experience and that we expect that will allow us to speed up the development and achieve a better quality. Nevertheless, we cannot assure that it will work properly on every Android device.
- We expect that the device will run from IPhone4S to iPhone6.
- (In case we reach the second funding goal) As for the Android version, we cannot assure that it will work properly on every device. We expect that it can run on mid and high-end devices, although some features might vary.
Running out of budget!
- We hope we won't! The project is already being developed and it's in its final stage. However if that happened, we will make our biggest efforts in order to finish the new features and publish the game, we expect not to cut features off, but maybe they will be simpler instead.
- (40 days)