Kitent® - The floating beach tent for sun shade
Kitent® - The floating beach tent for sun shade
Kitent® offers a simple solution for solar shades at the beach; It is lightweight and easy to transport.
Kitent® offers a simple solution for solar shades at the beach; It is lightweight and easy to transport. Read more
Don't be as red as a lobster anymore!
How many times have we gone to the beach without carrying a solar protection because we are run out of space in our luggage, car or just because we don´t want to carry with a big and heavy sunshade? How many times have you seen a sunshade being BLOWN out by the beaches wind? Kitent solves all these problems because it is designed with aerodynamic principles that use the beach wind to its advantage. Kitent is aerodynamic, lightweight, easy to carry and easy to setup. It is able to go with you anywhere..
Kitent offers you all the sun protection you need. Its particular design allows Kitent to work at any time of the day and at any open beach of the world on a sunny day, giving you UV protection from 98% of hazardous solar rays. Kitent has a unique design that allows it to work with the sea wind that is always present at an open beach. That’s why it doesn´t need poles to work.
Help us to make this project come true, share it on Facebook and twitter.
Take your memories with you, not a heavy beach tent.
Kitent is different from other sun shades, because it is lightweight, flexible and easy to setup. Kitent uses a tiny space, so it could be your perfect travel mate whenever you go to the beach. Don´t let your sun protection at home because you are run out of space because Kitent fits anywhere
Besides its friendly design it offers a better sunshade and protection against UV rays, and it is better than the average sunshades, because it is wider and it won´t be blown up with the wind. Finally, due to its non-enclosed design, Kitent will make you enjoy the ocean breeze and a the panoramic view.
Kitent is an aerodynamic tent result of six years of research. The end result is a functional, affordable and stylish product. Kitent is made with resistant and durable materials. Kitent uses eco-stakes, which are flexible bags suitable to be filled with sands and uses its own weight to keep it grounded. Kitent uses the sand´s weight and the ocean´s breeze to float.
How it works?
Kitent design is based on aerodynamics principles that let it work using the ocean´s breeze at any open beach in a sunny day. Kitent needs a minimum 6 mph wind speed to work, much less that the average speed of beaches like Cancun or Miami, which average 13 mph. Their stakes are bags that fill with sand and give the necessary support to let you quietly enjoy your time at the beach.
- Name: KITENT®
- Model: standard, for small family.
- Kitent blocks 98% of UV rays.
- Package dimensions: 17*10*7 inches
- Weight: 2,6 pounds.
- Kitent Installed dimensions: 19.6 x 13.1 feet.
- Capacity: 3-4 people
- Warranty: One year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
*****Do you have more questions? Visit our FAQ section*****
Why do we need money?Why do we need money? The 1st goal of 68,000 USD will allow us to ship 25% of planned production.
- OMAR FERNANDEZ
I was born in Mexico; I am a mechanical engineer, entrepreneur and a passionate inventor. I have a master’s degree in engineering sciences with a major in manufacturing systems.
Currently I am an entrepreneur and consultant on product development innovation in different areas. I have specialized in design and analysis of morphing subsonic aerodynamic structures. My love for nature engineering has made me passionate about innovation and development of products that solve problems society faces. Since childhood I have greatly admired nature engineering, about how it works, and above all, how the birds are able to fly. This passion led me to develop new structures of wings, in order to mimic the flight of birds.
The joint between my admiration for the flight of birds, especially the albatross, of how it approaches the wind of marine breeze to fly over waves, and my experience in aircraft wings, inspired me to design floating beach tents, which just like the albatross, it uses the wind of marine breeze to float.
My current project: With an entrepreneurial spirit, together with friend entrepreneurs from the United States and Mexico, we created an international business project to commercialize floating beach sun shadesand we named it Kitent.
My hobbies: As for my hobbies, I love training crossfit, running, swimming and for now I am trying to learn kiteboarding. I hope to be able to fly over the waves with a kite soon.
I am convinced that working together with talents from different countries has no boundaries and that with hard work and discipline, good ideas deserve to have the opportunity to see the light of success.
- MARISELA CASTRO
I live in Indio, California in the USA. I am an entrepreneur, and since I was a child I was restless. I love meeting creative, talented and entrepreneurial people.
I love to undertake, and create things that solve problems for people, to make their lives easier. When I am not undertaking something, I enjoy spending my time with family and friends, play sports like swimming, volleyball and dancing. My most recent project is Kitent. I have associated with Omar Fernandez and Brigido Cuadras, two young entrepreneurs with great ideas. A sun shade for the beach that weighs almost nothing and that is very easy to carry with.
- BRIGIDO CUADRAS
I am an innovative entrepreneur and I have the vision to improve quality of life by promoting beneficial products for people. As a professional, I am a certified public accountant with more than 20 years of professional experience in the accounting field.
I was born and raised in Mexico, I enjoy spending my time with family and friends, traveling around the world visiting nice beaches. I love beaches that’s why I am funding Kitent with my friends and business partners Omar Fernandez and Marisela Castro. The idea of spending time at the beach being protected by a functional and fancy sun shade is simply amazing.
Super Early Bird, only 50 units
Just for early birds, only 100 units on sale
2x Kitent for $126 USD (save $24)
19% off only kickstarter pre sale
Save $180 USD at this pre sale
20 units for $1300 USD - Save $600
Risks and challenges
• Owners of the patent and international registrations. We have international protection of the rights of use and exploitation.
• There is no direct competition for Kitent.
• Kitent® is an innovative product and unique worldwide.
• Can be adapted and customized to market requirements.
• It has two types of customers, not just one.
• Designed to be practical and easy to transport.
• Accessories and innovation are upgradable.
• Capacity of production that allows flexibility in operations, according to market needs.
• Internal quality control for production processes.
• Enough quality to compete with similar products worldwide.
• Brand design and corporate image customizable in accordance to the market segment and Psychology.
• Kitent is designed to be used in open sea beaches.
• Kitent® is a seasonal product.
• Lack of financial resources to carry out advertising campaigns to position the brand locally and internationally.
• Lack of knowledge of marketing channels in the export market.
• Lack of knowledge of the procedures and requirements to enter the international markets.
• Lack of information of potential markets and tariff situation of the same.
• Disadvantageous tax treatment.
• Consolidation of the brand KITENT® in the national and international market.
• Availability of technological options to improve production processes and quality improvement.
• Investment opportunities and/or financing by public and private agencies and institutions.
• Kitent® for solar protection as fashion of beach in the entire world.
• Increase in the demand for Kitent® by the international tourism sector.
• Each beach in the world represents a potential market.
• Continued growth of beach tourism worldwide.
• Creation of business partnerships and distribution networks.
• Points of sale in accordance with the demand of the product by area.
• Product launches by more demanding areas.
• There is wide indirect competition*(umbrellas and awnings).
• Competitive products are widely known and are easily available in most sports shops.
- (30 days)