This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
All out War - Battleground, volume 1
All out War - Battleground, volume 1
The world's first Tabletop Real Time Strategy Wargame! Offered in 3D printing, using the novel All out War universal wargaming system.
The world's first Tabletop Real Time Strategy Wargame! Offered in 3D printing, using the novel All out War universal wargaming system. Read more
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
This project will be available in French (original) and English (translation). You will be able to choose your version on our online shop.
A new genre in tabletop wargaming is born!
We proudly present to you the world's first Tabletop Real Time Strategy Wargame (TRTSW). Offered to you in 3D printable format.
Inspired from old-school wargames from the 80s and 90s, we developed All out War, an entirely new wargaming system that innovates on every aspects. Units alternate like in chess. You can customize your army with over a dozen different formation, 100+ pieces of weapons and equipment or choose over 40 special actions known as tactics. Characters play a key role of coordinating your army and can gain experience points to level up, like in role playing games! Building, scenery and everything on the table has hit points and can be interacted with. Sieges rules are built into the game mechanics. This is a serious wargaming system that will keep the most demanding players happy, yet remains easy to learn.
As if it wasn't enough, we bring you a new way to wargame that has never been done before. In the Battleground game mode, you use workers to harvest resources, build your base and recruit your army during the game! It' safe to say you've never seen anything like this on tabletop before, on that scale!
You can visit AlloutWar.game for more details.
More than a simple game, it's a wargaming platform.
In this first volume of All out War: Battleground, we pit the classic Orcs & Goblins vs Humans matchup. We already have the next installment on our testing tables: Wood Elves vs Dwarves & Gnomes. We plan to release standalone modules that will introduce new faction in pairs. All our products will all use the same common rulebook. If you help us materialize this dream, every classic fantasy creatures will eventually be covered.
Made for 3D Printing
It was long forecasted that 3D printing was to be the future of tabletop wargaming. But since no big company is making the move, we decided to do it!
We formed a special partnership with Printable Scenery to produce over 14 world class 3D printable buildings and defensive structures. With that, we will add more than 30 unique 3D printable accessories and miniatures.
That's right, this is a 100% downloadable and 3D printable game! Everything will be delivered to you as .PDF and .STL files. No expensive shipping fees or shipping delays.
Don't have a 3D printer?
You can still get our rulebook and cards and use your own fantasy army from an old, forgotten game. We fully support 28mm miniature from other companies.
A boxed version of our game is in the plans. Follow us and help us out if you want to see this project hit the store shelves one day.
Check out our Unboxing video on our YouTube channel
We have 2 pledges levels. Whether you have access to a 3D printer or not, we have something for you.
Just grab your own fantasy battle army and home made scenery and use our rulebook and special cards, delivered to you in ready to print .PDF files, to play a tabletop RTS game! With this pledge, you get:
- Our 100-pages rulebook, in e-book format. Since we don't want to launch an expensive hardcover book and publish a FAQ the very next week, we will offer free updates for the next 6 months, or until the game is stable.
- Print and play land tiles: for farms, forests and mines.
- Our hand-illustrated resources cards, in ready to print .PDF pages.
- Our basic Worker, units, officer and building cards, for both the humans and the Orcs & Goblins faction.
- 6 Basic equipment cards, for both the humans and the Orcs & Goblins faction..
- Every new rule and card unlocked by the stretch goals.
Including everything from the above pledge, we include a plethora of 3D printing goodness. Delivered to you as .STL files you can print with any 3D printer!
- Our beautiful 3D printable Human Barrack and Orc Camp, made by Printable Scenery, as well as all unlocked buildings and defensive structures from the stretch goals.
- Our special line of 3D printable 28mm miniatures and movement trays. Starting with the workers, basic soldier and officier for both the Human and Orc & Goblin faction, you will have access to many more from the unlocked stretch goals. Download once, print as many as you want!
- 3D printable accessories, from protective card boxes and special open-lock card holders that fits on the buildings to keep your table clean, to 3D printable dice (d10) and measuring tools.
- Many new accessories unlocked from the stretch goals, from 3D printable lands to gold coins, dozens of formations trays and special custom made templates for catapults, canon or ballista shots.
Our miniature design is optimized for Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) printers (that means an ordinary home 3D printer for you newbies out there you can get for around 500$) so that you can print all components of our game with a single printer, but the miniatures still require a top quality printer. Ours where made with the Prusa i3 Mk2 using a 0.25mm nozzle. A nozzle blower to cool the extruded filament is a must.
Our miniature also print very well on SLA / DLP printers, if you happen to have access to one of those.
More than just trinkets, most of the stretch goals below unlock new rules, together with new cards and new ways to play. All pledge levels get something from each stretch goals. As if the game was developed with a Kickstarter campaign in mind...
- Forget cardboard tiles, we'll throw in our 3D printed lands: a farm, a mine and a special Canadian forest made of maple trees, complete with a bucket to collect maple sap and cook maple syrup!
- This stretch goal will bring you your first expansion to your base: lumber mills, together with new wooden weapons and shields. A must in almost every game, especially for ranged combat. With each half of the stretch goal, you will get:
- Beautiful 3D printable Lumber Mill (or Goblin Mill) building made by Printable Scenery.
- 25 new wooden equipment cards, from spears to bows and shields, together with tens of new specials rules. Essential for ranged combat.
- 2 new 3D printable miniatures for both factions: the spearmen (speargoblin?) and the archers.
This stretch goal will bring you a key component of every good army: the forges! Mining iron from the mines, you will forge new weapons and armors to make your army a force to be reckoned with. With each half of the stretch goal, you will get:
- Beautiful 3D printable Human (or Goblin) Forge buildings made by Printable Scenery.
- 25 new steel equipment cards, from swords to mauls to heavy armors.
- 2 new 3D printable miniatures for both factions: the swordmen and heavy trooper (and orc equivalent).
Taking a break from military stuff, this stretch goal will bring you beautiful 3D printable gold pieces to trade your resource surplus . You will get:
- Our 3D printable gold pieces in 1GP, 5GP and 10GP format, with all faction symbols on the back to serve as markers.
- 3D printable treasure chest to carry those.
- Special treasure objective markers and a new treasure cards deck to place objectives on the map and get an extra incentive to get out of your base and explore.
Bring the gameplay to a new level by introducing gunpowder into the game! Get out of the middle ages and welcome to colonial-era style play. With each half of the stretch goal, you will get:
- Beautiful 3D printable Human gunpowder mill and Goblin blackpowder stash buildings made by Printable Scenery.
- New saltpeter and gunpowder resources cards as well as new firearms equipment cards.
- 2 new special troops miniatures: the human Musketeer and the goblin with an barrel full of explosive stuff.
Because you can't just recruit infantry, this stretch goal brings you cavalry! With each half of the stretch goal, you will get:
- New cavalry chapter added to the rulebook. Cavalry is special in All out War, we put special care into its design. Ever saw a war movie where a cavalry charge just goes through the enemy and continue its charge? Yup, we have that!
- New mounts cards to add to your troops.
- Two beautiful new buildings by Printable Scenery: human stables and orc ranch.
- 2 new miniatures: the human cavalier and orc wild buffalo rider, with the riders removable from their mounts.
This might just be the biggest gameplay changer of all, unique to All out War. This stretch goals unlocks the officer system. With each half of the stretch goal, you will get:
- New officer characters cards. Officer have up to 10 levels and can win experience points (XP) and level up during the game!
- New XP resources cards.
- New formations cards. You can now form your units in rank, column, wedge, square and many more formations.
- Tactics: special actions your officer can learn and grant to their troops, from wall of spear to counter-charge or indirect fire, we have over 40.
- Two beautiful new 3D printable buildings, the human military academy by Printable Scenery and the Orc altar of Zorgarok.
- 2 new 3D printable officers miniatures.
- 3D printable formation trays for every formations and units of every size.
Part 1 of the siege goals, these buildings allow you to build siege engines and war machines. With each half of the stretch goal, you will get:
- New war machines unit cards to add to your troops. From battering ram to catapult or canon.
- Two beautiful new 3D printable buildings by Printable Scenery: human engineer workshop and goblin building yard.
- 2 new war machines miniatures: human canon and orc catapult.
Final piece of the puzzle: defensive structures. Want to protect your base with walls? Play tower defense? Lay siege to your enemy? It's all possible.
- 5 defensive structures made by Printable Scenery: fences, palisades, low stone walls, high stone walls and watch tower.
- 2 new war machines: the balista and battering ram.
- Ladders equipment to add to your troops.
Set in a fictional colonial era, the Thirteen Kingdoms of Humans, with their northern allies, the Dwarves and Gnomes, have spent the past centuries trying exit the Grand Valley and set foot beyond the mountain belt, into native Green Skins and Wood Elves territories. The High Elves tried their best to maintain peace and unite all races of the New World under a single Confederacy, but are themselves struggling with rumors of heretic Elves of the past who are trying to revive black magic.
Created by a French Canadian author, with mixed colonial and native ancestors, the Great Dark universe brings all the classic, generic, fantasy creatures on a new continent. Moving away from classic fantasy stories with quests to retrieve some mystical artifact, this whole universe is a metaphor to describe peoples from different cultures and interests who can never perfectly understand each other. Those who think they fight for good can sometimes be the bad guys, and the ''monsters'' they claim to fight can be the good guys.
We aim February 2018 to make the base game available. That's the rulebook, necessary cards and the Barrack and Camp main buildings plus the first miniatures to play.
Everything from the stretch goals will be delivered in increments afterwards. We plan 1 month for every pairs of buildings (orcs and human variants) plus all the necessary cards and miniatures that come with them.
In the News
Get to know us
Visit these links to know more about our game.
Uses of funds
We are not a big game company who throws a completed game on Kickstarter just to create a buzz. We are a small team who really need your help to Kickstart our project. Just the way Kickstarter was supposed to be. We will use 100% of our funds to complete the game.
3D modeling by Printable Scenery, our own 3D sculpting of miniatures and purchase additional artwork make up for the bulk of our expenses. We of course have to finish translation of our 100 pages rulebook and cards.
Risks and challenges
The base game is 80% done. We need to purchase some extra artwork for our rulebook and cards, finish translation and edit the book. If we reach our 10000$ funding goal, you will have the base game shortly after Christmas.
All our stretch goals are to introduce pairs of 3D printable buildings made by Printable Scenery, along with the necessary rule cards to use them and the new miniatures they unlock. Printable Scenery has been reliable in their past crowdfunding campaign and always delivered top notch products.
Our artists and 3D modeler are waiting (eagerly) to continue their work on the project. We have the team lined up, the work plan in illustrations and 3D printable miniatures is all lined up. All we need is funding.
We have no Chinese manufacturing possible issues nor any fulfillment center issues since this is a downloadable game to 3D print yourself. We have our web infrastructure ready to distribute the game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter