Awl & Sundry was started with a mission to democratize the luxury of bespoke fashion by providing premium quality shoes at a truly amazing value without compromising on quality or construction.
Awl & Sundry comes from the British expression “All & Sundry” which means "for everyone." An “Awl” is a quintessential tool used in shoemaking.
Since our inception nine months ago, we have sold our custom shoes to many happy customers across the U.S., UK, Canada and Australia and now we want to bring our top 10 designs to you at a truly revolutionary price!
There are significant costs involved in sourcing materials and producing our shoes at scale. And so we have launched this Kickstarter campaign. We need your support!
Please help us achieve our goal of taking Awl & Sundry to the next level by making it possible for us to create a line of ready to wear shoes that complement our fully customizable offering.
Awl & Sundry Shoes Are:
- Handcrafted by artisanal craftsmen with each and every shoe going through more than 200 different steps before completion.
- Constructed using the time tested Hand Welt construction process which is employed by only the top shoemakers in the world.
- Made from full grain leather that shines longer
and is naturally porous allowing for breathability and temperature control.
- Designed to combine both modern and classic silhouettes with time tested construction techniques to ensure that every pair is made to last.
- An amazing value for our customers. Our lean business model allows us to pass on the cost savings to our members while our competitors charge 4X-5X more for similar products.
Our Top 10 Handmade Designs:
An exclusive, one time only pricing, for our supporters during this Kickstarter Campaign.
Awl & Sundry Comfort:
- Last: The most critical component of the shoemaking process, a last is a wooden mold which gives the shoe its shape. After a time consuming and expensive process, we have created four lasts to cover the various different foot structures and ensure optimal comfort without compromising on the elegance of the shoe.
- Cork Filling: Awl & Sundry shoes use cork filling between the insole and the outsole. This allows the shoe to mold to the shape of your foot based on your foot structure and walking patterns, ensuring the most comfortable fit for you over time.
- Cushioned/Leather Lining Insole: All Awl & Sundry shoes are fully leather lined and include an extra cushion around the heel area to provide a softer footfall.
Awl & Sundry Durability:
- Leather: Awl & Sundry shoes are made of full grain leather imported from European tanneries. Full grain leather not only shines longer and develops a patina with time, but also is naturally porous allowing your shoes to breathe well.
- Hand Welt Construction: Our shoes are hand crafted using the age old process of Hand Welt construction. Used in only the top 1% of men's shoes, Hand Welt construction is the most expensive and time consuming process. The welt makes our shoes water resistant and since the soles are stitched together you can re-sole them when needed. A well cared Awl & Sundry pair will be your best companion for years to come.
Awl & Sundry Sizing:
Awl & Sundry shoes are true to fit. To get the right fit, please order your most frequently worn size. For instance, if you wear a 10 for most of your shoes, we would recommend ordering a 10. If you are unsure of your size, please trace your foot on a blank piece of paper and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can recommend your size and last.
If for some reason your shoes don't fit, you can send them back to us and have them exchanged for a different size. You are only responsible for the one-way return postage.
Awl & Sundry Styles:
- Pablo: It's clean look and patch of calf grain on the eyestays and foxing panels, make Pablo an unintentional classic. Constructed on the Wallace last and using the finest full grain leather.
- Henry: Constructed on the Harvey last, Henry features a wingtip toe along with elongated punching details along the sides. The contrasting orange laces adds a modern twist to this classic oxford.
- Preston: "Simplicity is the glory of expression." This blue wholecut oxford is the epitome of simplicity. As it's difficult to express the work of a great artist, Prestion goes beyond words with a classic touch. Constructed on the Harvey last.
- Mario: Constructed on the Eldridge last, Mario is named after our Chief Happiness Officer. The finely double stitched toe cap and quarter design along with the red lace makes this classic derby really stand out in the crowd.
- Marcel: Constructed on the Townsend last, Marcel is designed and named after Marcel Floruss the founder and creative director behind One Dapper Street. With a timeless hand punched broguing along the shoe and impeccable material choice, this double tone derby is one for keeps.
- Watson: Constructed on the Wallace last, Watson’s innovative facing and modern single brogue toecap along with the exquisite calf pebble leather makes it the perfect companion for the style savvy man.
- Lawrence: “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Constructed on the Wallace last, Lawrence is a classic shoe whose elegance will accompany a black monochromatic look marvelously. Show off your personality and unique individuality while staying true to your classique self.
- Hemingway: Poetry is the doorway into the heart of a woman. Constructed on the Harvey last, Hemingway features a double stitched toecap on chestnut pebble grain leather. Become a true poet and let these marvelous double monks speak the unspoken word of a courageous man. Today is the day you will master the art of poetry.
- Greg: Constructed on the Wallace last, Greg features a simple cap toe with classic single strap. The elegant black calf suede makes it a spectacular addition to your wardrobe.
- Edward: Constructed on the Wallace last, Ed features a clean toe with an unorthodox twisted strap giving it a contemporary look.
Why Should You Support Us?
Awl & Sundry stands for every shoe lover and aficionado who’s tired of visiting multiple stores and not finding the right pair of shoes, frustrated by the limited options they provide, or wary of paying exorbitant prices for high-quality shoes.
We give you the opportunity to make your own precise style decisions.
In order to support true craftsmanship and the highest quality products at reasonable prices, please join our Kickstarter and help our team of innovative, passionate entrepreneurs take our company to the next level.
Timing and Process:
You can expect your Awl & Sundry pairs to arrive by June 2015. We will start producing them as soon as we reach our campaign goal. It is our top priority to get your shoes ready and have them delivered to your door step as soon as possible. Once you have selected your reward, we will be contacting you regarding your specific size and style.
We will be in touch with you throughout the whole process and keep you informed about your Awl & Sundry pair.
Help Us Spread the Word:
Don't forget to share on...
Risks and challenges
We have been handcrafting shoes for our customers for the last six months. Prior to that we spent a year testing and enhancing the complete process and our products.
This is the first time we are launching a Kickstarter Campaign. We have given ourselves four months to deliver these shoes to you. That being said, since all of our shoes are handcrafted there is a possibility of delay with production.
We are optimistic we will beat this deadline mainly because we have our own factory and are not dependent on a third party. In case of delays, we will proactively communicate with you and keep you informed. If you have any questions, you can always reach us at email@example.com.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)