Hello, Fellow Darling, Nervous, Quaking, Lip Biting Folk,
I wish to ease and appease your knotted chi!
We all suffer and we all want to learn how to escape it. We invent ways to do that. It is a cyclical process and help is in constant need. In this lonely, broken world we need each other, and perhaps more than ever in the post Trump election life of 2017. On June 11th at Woodland Pattern Book Center will be a one-day happening called the Advice Tent, where you can get up to 30 kinds of advice on one real problem that you may have.
All visitors to this year’s Advice Tent will get to go home with the original copies of their advice. Helpers will be ready with a scanner and cameras to document all the questions asked and advice given on this day. The advice collected will be put into digital and book format, so added funds raised on this campaign are intended to support production of the eventual book, “The Museum of Advice.” Last year there was a smaller version of this event under a tent in a park for the Milwaukee Fringe Festival and 423 people asked advice from 23 experts, so it was a big hit!
We need to cover the costs of:
- A Scanner Copy Stand
- Advice Documenting Crew
- A Photographer
- A Videographer
- Compensation for 30 Advisors
- Typewriter Ribbons Paper and Art Supplies
- Post Show Museum of Advice Book Assembling
- But most importantly your support will help to properly archive the questions that describe our current era for future generations.
- Some of the Advice that will be featured throughout the day includes:
- Yiddish Advice by Yiddishe Mama
- Financial Advice by Cash McMoola
- Assistant Principal Advice by Mr. Wesso
- Heart Chakra Advice by Gabrielle Tesfeye
- Fab Four Advice by Marika Holbus, A Beatles Nut
- One Word Advice by Christopher Novak
- Flirty Advice by Zachary Lifton
- Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun Advice by Barbara and Lindsay
- Advice From Dolma, A Bhuddist Nun
- Paint Swatch Advice by Thea Kovac
- Dapper Tune Advice by Dao
- Mid Century Modern TV Dad Advice by Peter Donalds
- Handy Advice by Heidi Parkes
- Homesteading Advice by Sarah Eichhorn
- Purrfect Advice by Ms. Kitty Kat
- Very Pregnant Advice by Typing For Two
- Truest Self Advice by Sunshine
- Platonic Painting Advice by Ariana Vaeth
- Numerology Advice by Luna
- Radical Vulnerability Advice by Nina Maybe
- Questionable Advice by Advice Tent Founder Anja
- Outer Space Advice by Notanja
- Welcome To Reality Advice by Charles Carmickle
Plus more to be announced!
- Thank you for any monetary HALP! you may provide us,
- Anja Notanja Sieger,
Founder of The Advice Tent and Museum of Advice
P.S. Here are some of the rewards for donating...
Risks and challenges
Just trust us. We know what's good for you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)