With iKydz you now control;
- how long a gaming device is allowed to be played
- when Facebook or Snapchat for example can be accessed
- when smartphones or smart TV’s can be online
- every internet dependent device in your home
- the sites that can be accessed, blocking certain sites – porn, gambling, self-harm sites – and our blocked sites are updated every day.
We know kids, so we’ve made iKydz tamper proof. We’ve thought of everything. All you have to do is to connect the mobile sized iKydz box to your home router by a single cable and iKydz does the rest.
With iKydz you make the rules in your home.
The user can select a device; for example the PC used by children at home and apply appropriate controls as follows:
- schedule specific time periods when a specific device can access the internet; this allows you to retain control of your internet connection and restrict your children from socialising online after bedtime when they should be sleeping, or instant messaging instead of studying.
- Control online gaming to specific time periods of the day or even just during the weekend.
- You will be able to restrict specific site access based on device. The service provides the user with a list of standard blacklisted sites. In addition to this, the user can add specific sites that will be restricted from that device. The user can also restrict site access based on time period: for example on-line gaming site, could be restricted to be only available on Saturday and Sundays between 16:00 and 20:00.
- Simply select the disable option to turn off internet access to a specific device.
- System access and Management: Once the initial set-up is complete, the service can be accessed, modified and updated using a standard web browser with secure login or via an app on Android or iOS device. iKydz provides parents and guardians with a simple to use solution to managing children’s internet access.
Try out the software now!
The first version software for controlling iKydz is already available for you to test right now on Android and iPhone devices.
Both IOS and Android app's are now available for you to download so you can get a feel for how they work. When you download, please choose "Set up your iKydz box", complete the registration process, and you will be able to play with the app as though it were actually working in your home. A sample set of data will be provided to you. Note that this is the first version of our software and it is undergoing continuous improvement.
We’re using Kickstarter to launch our product to the world. We’re shipping in Q2 2016 and we want to gauge demand. So far we’ve been flattered by pledges not just from right across the English speaking world but also from the Netherlands (they were our first pledge), Turkey as well as inquiries from as far away as China. iKydz works with every well-known known router brand we know, worldwide, and if you have a query about yours why not contact us to check?. So please help us launch iKydz to the world. We’re 100% committed to bringing internet peace of mind to the millions of concerned parents who want to finally take control of what young eyes and minds have access to. In return we’re offering you, our early supporters, a limited number of very attractive ‘early bird’ deals.
As you can see we have already commenced production. Order iKydz from us through this Kickstarter campaign to receive pre-Retail pricing! Click on any of the pledge levels, or click here to go to the pledge management page:
Risks and challenges
There is always a risk when producing a product that combines both electronic hardware and software. So we've worked hard to test and make sure the iKydz device is ready before launching this Kickstarter campaign.
The hardware used by the current version of iKydz device is based on a proven, tested circuit board. The main risks we see concerning hardware are logistics. Unplanned delays in the manufacturing process can still occur, but problems related to the hardware design of the device are very unlikely.
On the software side, we’re tested the functionality of the iKydz service extensively and we are very confident that it works according to specifications. There may be some routers models that operate differently to standards which may cause difficulties to the iKydz box in operation.
- (60 days)