Frequently Asked Questions
Paypal payment option will open as soon as Backbone campaign reaches its funding goal!
Another option is to get a "Virtual Visa Card" - a pre-paid virtual card designed for Europeans to purchase things on the internet. You can find more information about it here: http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/virtual_cards.aspxLast updated:
No, the international shipment is included into every reward cost!Last updated:
Our basic budget accounts only for release on PC, Mac and Linux. If we reach our stretch goals, we will be able to ensure the game works well on PS4, Nintendo Switch and XBox One and release it there!Last updated:
We will release the game on Steam, which will allow you to play one copy of the game on Win, Linux and Mac.
After the campaign is over, you will receive a survey by e-mail. You would need to assign platforms to each copy of the game you purchased. If according stretch goals are achieved, the options for EACH copy will be:
1. PC, Mac, Linux (one copy for all three)
2. Nintendo Switch
4. Xbox One
6. iOSLast updated:
Backbone will be released on Steam and Apple Store. DRM-free version will be distributed through either GOG, or Humble Bundle, or Direct Download, exact platform will be determined before the end of campaign.
If we will reach our stretch goals, the game will be also available in Playstation Store, Nintendo Game Store and Microsoft Store.Last updated:
YES! The non-limited rewards are available as add-ons.
1. You have to select a tier and make a pledge first (the cheapest one is CA$ 2Thank you! tier)
2. After you make the pledge, you will be able to press Manage Your Pledge on the project page
3. Then just add extra amount to your pledge, according to the cost of rewards you want. Extra copy - CA$25, T-shirt CA$39, Poster CA$33, Artbook CA$46, Newspaper+Postcard CA$19. Prices include international shipping!
4. When the campaign ends, we'll send you a survey by e-mail. Select the rewards you want there.Last updated:
We evaluate the cost of package by the base cost of the items included in the box. This should help keep customs fees low.Last updated:
Feel free to leave comments in the comment section!
We also have Twitter - https://twitter.com/backbonegame
Subreddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/backbone_game/
VK (for Russian community) - https://vk.com/backbonegame
Send us a love letters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Backer Discord Server will be opened after the campaign is over.Last updated:
This is a feature list you can expect in the early demo version that we're going to send all backers this summer:
* Lighting, materials and particle effects visuals close to the final version
* Interfaces (dialogue, inventory, game log)
* Interaction with NPCs, dialogues
* Investigation mechanics: interrogation, evidence, smell-based analysis, lead deduction
* Noise-based, visual and smell-based stealth
* Special abilities with The Artifact
* Movement and interaction with the environment
* Solving the case with several possible outcomes
* Learning more about the world of Backbone
* Getting a feel for the atmosphere and music we want to achieve in the release version
You'll be able to play it and participate in development by discussing it on backer-exclusive Discord server. More information in the future updates!Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question