Rome 2030: A Space Adventure Game on Mobile
Rome 2030: A Space Adventure Game on Mobile
Trade, Fight or Explore the Galaxy in the Alternate Future of Rome 2030, where you vie to make allies or dominate the Empire's foes .
Trade, Fight or Explore the Galaxy in the Alternate Future of Rome 2030, where you vie to make allies or dominate the Empire's foes . Read more
About this project
Why Back Rome 2030?
Rome 2030 brings a universe of new features to the mobile space game industry. An in-game crypto-currency that can be traded on real exchanges gives a new meaning to “Bitcoin mining”. Star systems are crafted from Kepler exoplanet project data, for an accurate adventure of the galaxy around us. The people who fund the game are also able to cast their vote on the future of the game!
The AureusCoin™ is one of the most exciting features of Rome 2030. The advanced in-game crypto-currency is already tradable on a real world exchange. Imagine if your in-game cash was negotiable in the real world?
The makers of Rome 2030 are no strangers to challenging the world of gaming. Their history in gaming has included a previous space based game which not only was set in a vast universe, it also integrated and helped introduce Augmented Reality to the iPhone gaming space.
The backend game design for Rome 2030 is also already nearly complete, but gamers don’t want to fly square blocks around space. We need your help to take Rome 2030 from where it is currently, to a high quality, beautiful, challenging mobile space game.
We also believe that we should be as excited about the people who support us, as they are about the game we are developing. That’s why certain backer levels will give you the ability to cast your votes on the direction of the game, and we will mention each of those backers in the game credits for their support.
But what is Rome 2030?
Rome 2030 exists in a universe where the Roman Empire never fell, but continued to grow and discover. The discovery of FTL (Faster Than Light) Space travel expanded their conquests to the furthest reaches of the Galaxy. Their society seemed utopian as their culture and reach extended.
But not all was well. The long since defeated barbarian race triggers a disastrous nuclear war that throws the Earth, and the universe, in to turmoil. Rome has to escape to the stars. Rome has to find a New Rome.
You find yourself in a universe that’s no longer as stable as it once was, with a wide range of factions competing to dominate a Roman empire that stretches out towards the vast expanses of the universe.
The Game Details (And Links to More Information!)
The full story summary of Rome 2030:
A List of some of the magnificent game features coming to Rome 2030!
- Play on your mobile device
- Explore the Interstellar Roman Empire (IRE), based on real stars and possible planetary systems found by the Kepler exoplanet project (www.exoplanets.org).
- Discover new systems and evaluate for suitability for colonization and habitation. Over 5000 known systems and many more to be discovered by intrepid IRE scouts
- Trade with Roman and other outposts through the galaxy. Over a dozen kinds of space stations, offering over 100 different trade goods of varying quality and values. Outfit your star ship with many different upgrades and add-ons or buy a whole new ship. Choose from over 40 starship types. See ship types here: http://www.rome2030.com/features/
- Chose your unique Roman faction which gives different capabilities in the area of martial, mercantile or diplomatic skills. Different factions in future Roman society include Athenians, Martians, Apollonians, Aphrodites, Bachanlians, Demetians, Vulcans, Hadeans, Hebrews, Neptunians, Jovians or eschew any affiliation and go it alone without being tied down to any faction
- Interact with different NPC races who have also made it into space and are not always friends of the Empire. These include Barbarians, Vandals, Goths, Vikings, Gauls, Britons, Assyrians and Egyptians as well the Far East and West Indians. Fight, trade or negotiate with these races to advance the Roman cause.
- Amass wealth in the currency of the Realm, the AureusCoin, a mineable, tradeable cryptocoin designed for use with the game. AureusCoin is similar to bitcoin or other cryptocoins but will be dedicated to the game and will have features specifically for use with the game.
Risks and challenges
Building a mobile game is a challenging and complex project. Programmers and artists must be hired, trained and motivated to produce a high quality piece of software. Bugs must be tracked, troubleshot, and fixed. Players must be challenged with a delivered final game that is both fun and engaging. And all throughout, a overall vision and direction must be maintained. Such are the challenges of modern game development. Costs overruns can happen. Deadlines can be missed. Although unlikely, it is possible that we may fail to complete the game or may not be able to include all the features that we intend to by the delivery date of December 2016. Reward premiums may not be able to be produced if budget overruns cause funds to run short. However, due to our unique concept of "Democratic Game Design", we intend to let the backers have a voice in design decisions and choices. If there are hard choices to be made, we will definitely be taking feedback from the backers and players and make the best game we can in the way the players want it. See this link for more information on our Democratic Game Design concept
Also we feel our prior experience in the game business and our existing space game assets will give this project a better than average chance of success. IngZ, Inc. is a going concern that has already produced many mobile products including games. See our website here to read about our other apps and games:
The principals of IngZ, Inc. have decades of IT and gaming experience. The Rome 2030 Team includes:
Tony Howlett, President, Ingz, Inc. and Executive Producer of Rome 2030
Tony founded IngZ, Inc. with his brother Kieran with the aim of making interactive mobile games with engaging stories. He was executive producer of Traveller AR, a mobile MMO-RPG based on the classic Traveller pen-and-paper role playing game. He was also pivotal in the production of TouringZ, TourGuideTool, “Only In Cincinnati” and “365 Things to do in Austin”; all geolocation travel apps.
Kieran Howlett, Chief Technical Officer, IngZ Inc
Kieran is co-founder of IngZ, Inc. as well as mobile app company New Horizons where he authored popular casual iPhone games such as Dominos 42, Dominos 42 3D, Wild West Texas Hold’em and Doodlehunt.
Jason Hawks, Vice President of Game Design, IngZ, Inc.
In addition to assisting IngZ in legal matters, Jason also helped in the story design and testing of Traveller AR. He brings years of role playing game design and experience to the creation of Rome 2030.
Dack Guitterez, Art Director, Rome 2030
Dack was lead 3D designer for Traveller AR as well as years of experiences in 2D and 3D illustration and animation
Support this project
- (31 days)