Wow Wow Wow Wow.....
You helped us reach our initial goal in less than 10 days. Incredible! We've been completely stunned by your outpouring of support.
With our goal obtained, we can bring you everything we've promised!
And the more people that can continue to donate, the more time we can spend on reaching more listeners and making this the best possible album we can. This means professional promotion, a mind blowing music video and more time on the road so we can play this music live for YOU! We've put together a list of stretch goals so we can share the specifics with you.
Everything we raise between now and January 17th will help with
- Promotion ($1k) - No matter how loud we shout from our apartments in Brooklyn, we'll need to enlist the help of professionals to get this music to potential fans around the world. Help us reach a larger community of listeners!
- Additional Tour Support ($3k) - We want to present something spectacular everywhere we travel in 2015. With additional tour funding, we're able to take a larger band (including guitar and bass) on the road, add sound and light support to our live show, and reach more cities throughout the U.S. Help us blow minds!
- Music Video ($4k) - With so many talented friends making work in different mediums, TIGUE wants to team up with local video visionaries and create something unforgettable for you computer screens. Using material from Peaks,we'll make something tasty to feed your eyes as well as your ears.
Help us double our initial goal!
We're TIGUE, and thanks for visiting our Kickstarter!
We (Matt Evans, Amy Garapic, and Carson Moody) are a band of longtime friends who have been making music together in many forms over the last 8 years. From our long days in conservatory to our longer nights at rock clubs, we have continually explored and experimented with new ways to present the music we love through a percussive lens, culminating in the formation of our trio, TIGUE.
While we have been performing our music for friends and fans alike at shows throughout Brooklyn, we are excited to finally release the first cohesive representation of our musical voice. This campaign is dedicated towards realizing Peaks; our first album of original music that combines our creative processes, influences, and experiments of the last two years.
In creating material for this album, we looked back at music that has inspired us and sought a way to coalesce these varying genres into one. We asked ourselves, “How can we create visceral music that provides a deeper, contemplative listening experience?” Answering this question provoked us to dig deeper into our work in order to create a record grounded on what we love most as listeners.
Peaks combines our affinity for complex rhythms, catchy hooks, overwhelming walls of sound, meditative drones, and dance beats, all voiced through our unique instrumentation.
Who we're working with
We are really pumped to be working with an incredible team of inspiring and talented musicians who have helped us to make this record more than we could alone.
- Engineer (recording, mixing, mastering): Colin Marston at Menegroth: The Thousand Caves
- Special Musical Guests: Ira Kaplan and James McNew of Yo La Tengo, Shahin Motia of Ex Models, and our good friend Mike Turzanski of Drippers
Progress so far
Tracks for this album have already been recorded and are in the final mixing stages for a release in 2015. As of now, the record has not gotten any help from a label and we have personally funded everything. At this point, we are unable to continue financial support of the project and need your help to finish the album and realize this music fully. Any support that you can offer will be rewarded handsomely and go directly towards:
- Final Mixing and Mastering
- Artwork and packaging design
- Vinyl and CD pressing and packaging
- Production costs of an album release show including lighting, sound engineer, and additional musicians.
- Tour support
This music is alive and ready to be heard by an audience like you but we need your help for this album to be realized to its maximum potential. Peaks will allow TIGUE to create our first footprint in a constantly growing musical world, and we won't be able to do it without you!
THANK YOU in advance for any support you can give to this project, and remember, money isn’t the only way you can help out! Helping us to spread the word about the project with everyone you know by word of mouth or social media is small way to make a big difference!
- Matt, Amy, Carson
| video footage thanks to Peter Ferry and Schuyler Swenson |
Risks and challenges
We know that making a record has a host of challenges and risks attached to it. Since all of the recording is complete and mixing will wrap up in late January, the largest potential risk we face is the projected release date of the album.
While we have not yet signed with a label for the record, there is great interest. However, this decision could play a key role in the release date, affecting the timeline of our rewards which may unfortunately be out of our control. We have every intention to hold true to granting all of the rewards promised and ask for your patience in this process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)