Missed the campaign?
Want a copy of Dark Age Z? Drop us a message in Fanpage with your contact information and we will guide you through to pre-order, when it is ready. (You may also send us email at email@example.com)
Proudly announce that Dark Age Z was picked as the Featured KICKSTARTER of the week at Meeple Mechanic. Dark Age Z was ranked No.1 at the "KickStarter Badger of the Week " !
"YA, they may feel no pain and no fear, but I can bring 10 of them down in 1 swing. Haha, they don't even have Armour." - Agis the Knight.
"See that shinny Iron Steed (motorcycle)? Send the best men to Capture it alive!" - King Julian.
"Williams, our soldiers must join force to survive! These monsters are unstoppable!!" - King Richard.
In the ancient world, kingdoms fought for control of medieval earth. For decades, fierce wars broke out and in combat after combat, deaths tolled thousands, in battles and massacres with no sign of peace. In one of these battles, the sky suddenly roared and the earth broke open abruptly, unleashing countless swarms of zombies of the modern world that rushed in from the unearthly crevice. The sudden invasion of these monstrous creatures brought unprecedented threat to the entire world. With their highly infectious ability and agility, the zombies rapidly broke out and were quickly becoming unstoppable. To avoid annihilation, all kingdoms were forced to set aside their long hatred towards each other and joined the line to fight for the survival of mankind.
Dark Age Z is a strategic board game for 2 to 5 players: you are one of the kings in the Dark Age. All players strive to gain as much Victory Point as possible by killing the zombies that attack the Frontiers of the Kingdom Cities. At the end of the game, the player with the highest Victory Points wins the game.
- Number of players: 2-5
- Play time: 30 minutes per player
- Game Rules: Trial Mode (graphical) , Normal Mode (with draft layout only)
- Print & Play: download the PDF --> PnP Trial
- Interactive shared Frontiers rallying system: Truly cooperate with other players to establish an invincible frontier or sacrifice fortifying the frontier to gain maximum benefits -- it is up to you!
- Commanders: strong heroes and warlords who appear from time to time. Once you meet a Commander, do not hesitate to invite him to join you.
- Relics: mysterious belongings of modern zombies dropped in battlefields and scavenged by kingdom armies. The cost for retrieving these Relics seems extremely high, but the kings know these modern Relics hold the key to turning the tide in a battle.
- Kingdom missions: Every kingdom have different hidden mission which provide the king with various resources and may also be the key to win.
- Zombie Invasion: Hordes of zombies attack Kingdoms every day. They adapt to the environments quickly and are becoming stronger than ever!
- Boss Invasion: Bosses with special abilities are the final challenge for players before the end of the game.
- Awesome Artwork: Our illustrators are crafting the game with artistic drawings.
The Dark Age Z includes the following components:
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 Game Board
- 5 Kingdom Boards
- 5 Frontier Boards
- 1 Starting Player Marker
- 5 Kingdom Markers
- 4 Strategy Command Markers
- 1 Zombie Movement Marker
- 80 Zombie Tokens
- 65 Command Tokens
- 15 Kingdom Mission Cards
- 96 Army Cards (Bronze, Silver & Gold)
- 6 Commander Cards
- 24 Relic Cards
- 6 Zombie Invasion Cards
- 3 Boss Invasion Cards
- 5 Quick Reference Cards (Unlocked Stretch Goal)
- 2 Modern Commander Cards (Unlocked Stretch Goal, KS Exclusive)
- 2 New Types of Army Cards (Unlocked Stretch Goal, KS Exclusive)
- 1 New Mission Card for each Kingdom (Unlocked Stretch Goal, KS Exclusive)
- 1 New Boss Invasion Card (Unlocked Stretch Goal)
Premium Version of Dark Age Z
Premium Version is included in the Commander Pledge. A Premium version has the following items which are different from the standard version:
- 80 pcs Zombie-shape Zombie Tokens
- 65 pcs Flag-shape Command Tokens
- 5 pcs Disc-shape Kingdom Markers with emblem stickers
- 1 x Game Box Sleeve - New!
- 2 x Barracks (Army Card Trays) - New!
- 1 x Evil Kingdom Expansion - New!
As requested by many backers, we are glad to provide the following Add-Ons. Hope you will like them. You may simply add the amount to your pledge. We will send you the survey for detail after the campaign ended.
As a gratitude, we are adding a few sweeteners to be sent with the games to all our backers!! Hope everyone likes them.
1) Co-op Mode
2) 2 Players Expansion
3) 2 Modern Commander Cards (KS Excl. bonus cards), please refer to Update #12
Undead Viking did a review of Dark Age Z:
"It's a really cool and really fun aspect of the game: you can use the turns to speed those zombies up! Every player is setting up the armies and the zombies are moving closer and closer....HEY STOP STOP STOP!! I am not ready!!" 38"50'
Board Game Brawl did a review of Dark Age Z:
"Have Lancelot jump on his motorcycle and lead your army of knights to victory against the football zombies. Wait, what?"
Beasts Of War did a review of Dark Age Z:
"Another cool aspect of this game is that the present day zombies are bringing modern day technology through the rift, which would potentially offer your kingdoms very new and interesting weapons relative to the period they are from."
Foxhole Fiver -- Interview with DAZ Chief Designer
Meeple Mechanic KickStarter Badger of the Week (28-Sept-2014):-
"But it's a lot of game for the price and I would totally play this. I hope this funds." -- Daniel Zayas
Some other comments from Board Game Geek Forum:-
#1: "An interesting game"
#2: " I sent it out to my gaming group, and everyone is interested."
#3: "Exciting game play"
#4: "Nice rulebook design!"
#5: "Excellent Artwork!"
For Warrior Pledge, free shipping within the US only. Add $10 outside the US.
For Mercenary Pledge, free shipping for listed Countries/Areas below. Add $10 outside the list.
For Commander Pledge: Please add $10 to ship outside the US and the listed Countries/Areas below.
For King's Guardian: free world-wide shipping.
For all other pledges higher than Warrior level: Free shipping exclusively for countries and areas listed below.
We are continuously studying to add more countries in the list if we can absorb the shipping fee. Please contact us if you have queries.
Free shipping Countries / Areas:
- US / Canada
- Hong Kong / Macau
If you would like expedited (tracked) shipping, please message us your location and we will get the actual shipping quote for your reference. You can simply add the extra amount in your pledge.
Smoothie Games is a newly formed self-funded game design company based in Hong Kong. We are a team of gamers with different professional backgrounds including product and artistic designs, manufacturing, project management and supply chain management etc. We are keen on developing innovative gaming products.
Dark Age Z is the first project we made for the public. We spent a lot of time and effort in the game design, prototype artwork, play testing, etc. We need your support to cover costs for development and production to bring Dark Age Z to the real world! We want to know if you love our game before we can proceed to the production.
We tried very hard to blend crazy ideas and impossibilities to our products. It is our dream to bring people together with tangible games. Your support will be the best motivations on pushing our creativity to an infinite level!
Risks and challenges
Dark Age Z is our first KS campaign and has been fully play tested. We have different talents who are experienced in manufacturing and project management thus the game quality and production progress are highly guaranteed. We will pay our every effort to ensure on time delivery of the game to our backers' hand . However, please understand that there is always chance for unexpected delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)