Welcome to Pencault!
We have designed a new game concept we want to share with all you Gamers of the world. Check our campaign and our amazing rewards!
Welcome to Pencault!
We have designed a new game concept we want to share with all you Gamers of the world. Check our campaign and our amazing rewards!
Hi everyone! We are Pencault Games, a company made up by five friends who decided to join together to share a passion: the love for role playing games and escape rooms. We have completed almost every escape room in Madrid and even some abroad, and we were wondering... What next? What if... And that is how it all started...
We have been thinking for almost a year the kind of game we would like to play: one that involves some kind of adventure, players with a leading role in the story behind the game, different challenges you have to solve during the game in order to complete your mission. Being able to do this at home with your friends no matter where you live was the most important factor.
Scape rooms are great! But once you have completed the room you have to wait for too long for a new one, companies usually keep the same room for years... And you can't find a scape rooms in every city, there are only a few ones in the main cities. Don't worry gamers! Pencault is here to please you!
Our goal is simple: we want you to have an amazing time playing our games, we want you to spend an exciting couple of hours to break out of your routine, live a different adventure in first person and have a good time with friends or family.
So far we have designed two different adventures: "Robbery to The Government" and "The Undisclosed Murderer". In each adventure you will have a mission, a group of characters with abilities that are essential for that mission and limited time to complete the mission before it is to late: 2 hours and 30 minutes. Good luck gamers!!
Some parts of the campaign will be translated to spanish. Not all the campaign so we do not fill it up with too much text.
*algunas partes de la campaña serán traducidas al español. No todas para no saturar la campaña con mucho texto.
2) How to play? ¿Cómo jugar?
First of all, you will have to buy our game at our website www.pencault.com
* Lo primero de todo, compra nuestro juego en nuestra web www.pencault.com
Choose the number of players you will be for the game: the game is available for 2 to 5 players, with different characters involved. Some characters will only appear in the 5 player version game.
* Elige el número de jugadores que seréis en el juego: están disponibles versiones del juego de 2 a 5 jugadores, con diferentes personajes involucrados. Algunos personajes solo aparecerán en la versión de 5 jugadores.
Each of the players will receive an email with all the important information about his character: his profile, his biography, his special abilities, material he will need for the mission and his personal goal in the game. Remember: some information is confidential...
* Cada jugador recibirá un email con toda la información relevante sobre su personaje: su perfil, su biografía, sus habilidades especiales, material que necesitará para la misión y sus objetivos personales en el juego. Recuerda: alguna información es confidencial...
The next step is simple! Get together and start playing! The computer or any device with internet is necessary because we will guide you in your mission bringing up the different challenges (logic games, skill games, colaborative or competitive games...) you will need to overcome to fulfill your mission.
* El siguiente paso es sencillo! Juntaros en una casa y empezad a jugar! El ordenador o cualquier otro dispositivo con internet es necesario para guiaros por la misión indicando las diferentes pruebas (de lógica, de habilidades, colaboradoras, competitivas...) que deberéis superar para completar la misión.
But remember, you will play the game in your living room! Penault is not an online game, you will need to interact with the rest of the players and use your material and personal abilities...
* Pero recuerda, jugarás el juego en tu salón! Pencault no es un juego online ni de ordenador, necesitarás interactuar con el resto de jugadores y usar tu material y habilidades especiales...
The material you will need for the game is specified in your profile. Don't worry, it is mostly a pen, paper for your notes during the game and some common objects you may have at home. You have many options to obtain those objects in case you can't find any: we will send you a printing format of the object, you can download it and use it in your phone or tablet and, our favourite option, you can be creative and make your own solution!
* El material que necesitarás para el juego se especifica en tu perfil. No te preocupes, se trata de objetos comunes que puedes encontrar por casa como un bolígrafo, papel para tomar notas... Para otros materiales, en caso de que no pudieras encontrar por casa, te mandamos una opción recortable que puedes imprimir, que puedes descargartela y usarla desde tu móvil o una tablet durante el juego o, nuestra opción preferida, puedes ser creativo e idear tu propia solución!
Some hints will be provided in case you get stuck too much time at any challenge, and you will also be able to ask for a limited amount of hints anytime during the mission; but at the end you will have to solve by your own! Good luck Gamers!!
* Se darán algunas pistas durante el juego si te quedas atascado mucho tiempo en alguna prueba, y podrás solicitar una cantidad limitada de pistas durante la misión; pero al final seréis vosotros quien debéis resolver la prueba por vosotros mismos! Buena suerte Jugadores!!
3) Robbery to The Government (RTG)
A misterious man contacts you. He is forming a special team to complete a very dangerous mission: to steal some documents that are guarded with extreme security measures at the Seat of Government, and he needs the best of the best. He knows everything about you, that is why he has chosen you, and he has an offer to make you. Will you accept the mission and enlist in the robbery?
You only have 2 hours and 30 minutes before the police arrives once you enter the Government building.You will need to cooperate with the rest of the members of your team, but... Are you sure you can trust them all?
4) The Undisclosed Murderer (TUM)
You are a renowned detective in your native country. One day you receive a call for help from Pencault, a town you have never heard about before. An investigation you lead about a terrible and striking crime that you could not solve at that time, is intriguingly related to other crimes around the world. Are you facing an international serial killer? Maybe a terrorist organization? You must get to Pencault as soon as possible to meet the the other detectives involved in the other cases. Will you be able to predict who will be the next person that will be murdered and to catch the people responsible before it is too late?
Apparently there is one thing you know: the next crime will happen in 2 hours and 30 minutes. Where would it happen? Who will be killed? Who is responsible for the crmes? Too many questions need to be answered in a very short amount of time. Work together with the rest of your team but... Are you sure you can trust them all?
5) We need your help / Necesitamos tu ayuda
We hope you are as excited about this game as we are! Now we need to ask you a favor… We need you gamers of the world to back our project to make it happen! We know it’s a lot to ask… Let us explain why we need so much money: our main costs will be programming our games and the maintenance of the games 24/7 to avoid any operating incidents. We are creating 2 different games with 5 different versions each... So that makes it x10 times the cost!
We also have created a company because we truly believe in our games, and creating a company it is quite expensive in Spain; one member of our team monthly has to pay a high rate of taxes for being self-employed, and we want to provide him a respectable salary for at least one year: 6 months aprox to release both games and 6 months of activity of the Company. It is also quite expensive to translate to english both our games and all the versions. We have tried to lower as much as we could the target of the campaign, 29.670 is already a very tight target!
We have created some amazing rewards to almost fit any budget, so have a look and see what works for you, maybe just 5€, maybe 99€… Any amount will be really helpful for us.
And please share our campaign in your social media so every gamer gets the chance to become part of our project! It would mean a lot to us, help us spread the word! You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, we will add campaign updates daily.
Thanks for watching and we’ll be more than pleased to answer all the questions you may have, use the comment section for any interaction! See you gamers!
* Esperamos que estéis tan emocionados como nosotros sobre nuestro juego! Ahora tenemos que pediros un favor... Necesitamos que apoyéis nuestro projecto jugadores del mundo para hacerlo realidad!! Sabemos que es mucho pedir... Déjanos explicarte por qué necesitamos tanto dinero: nuestros costes principales son la programación de los juegos y el mantenimiento 24/7 para que no haya incidencias durante las partidas. Estamos creando 2 juegos con 5 versiones cada uno, multiplica por 10 los costes!
También hemos creado una empresa porque creemos firmemente en nuestros juegos, y es bastante caro en España; uno de los socios está dado de alta de autónomo pagando la cuota máxima mes a mes, y queremos darle un sueldo digno al menos durante un año: 6 meses para el estreno de los juegos y 6 meses de actividad de la empresa. También es muy caro traducir los dos juegos con todas sus versiones al inglés. Hemos intentado bajar al máximo el objetivo de la campaña, 29.670€ es ya un objetivo muy ajustado!
Hemos creado unas alucinantes recompensas aptas para todos los bolsillos, echa un vistazo y mira a ver cuál te gusta más, a lo mejor solo 5€, puede que 99€... Cualquier cantidad nos sería de gran utilidad.
Y por favor comparte nuestra campaña en tus redes sociales para que todos los jugadores puedan formar parte de nuestro proyecto! Significaría mucho para nosotros que nos ayudes a difundirlo! También puedes seguirnos en Facebook y Twitter, iremos actualizando la campaña a diario.
Gracias por vernos y leernos y estaremos encantados de responder a cualquier pregunta que pueda surgiros, usad la sección de comentarios para cualquier interacción con nuestro equipo! Nos vemos Jugadores!
6) Rewards / Recompensas
You can get to play one of our games! You can choose from different versions depending on the number of players you want to be:
* Puedes jugar a uno de nuestros juegos! Elige entre las diferentes versiones dependiendo del número de jugadores que vayáis a ser:
We offer you the possibility to get the information about your character and the needed material for the mission printed on a book and delivered to your home! Check the Deluxe Game Pack!
* Te ofrecemos la posibilidad de comprar un libro con la información de tu personaje y el material que necesitas para la misión impreso, te lo enviamos a casa! Mira el pack Deluxe!
We also offer the opportunity to become one of the main characters of the game! Our ilustrator is waiting for the campaign to end to design the main ten characters of the games (5 each game), if you want to buy that reward we will ask you to send us a picture of yourself to personalize the character. We will check the identity of the person before creating the character, the person has to agree by contract to give up the rights of his image to our company, exclusively for the game.
You can also name a supporting character of the game! It is cheaper! ;) We will also review the name in order to avoid obscene names or any other kind of names we may find inappropiate.
* También te ofrecemos ser uno de los personajes principales de los juegos! Nuestra ilustradora esta esperando a que termine la campaña para diseñar estos 10 personajes (5 por juego), si quieres comprar esta recompensa te pediremos que nos envíes una foto tuya para personalizar tu personaje. Revisaremos la identidad de la persona antes de crear el personaje y deberá firmar por contrato que cede su imagen a nuestra empresa, exclusivamente para el juego.
También puedes dar tu nombre a un personaje secundario del juego! Es más barato ;) Revisaremos los nombres para evitar nombres obscenos o que consideremos inapropiados.
*Shipping Costs / Costes de Envío
7) Stretch Goals
We have been thinking on different Stretch goals to reward you backers depending on two things: the reward you have selected (make sure it includes sthetch goals) and the total amount of money we achieve over the project target.
White or Color exclusive T-Shirts about our games: the ilustrator is finishing the design of the T-Shirts, we will share them as soon as we finish it. We can not establish the extra money target to release this goal because the price of the Shirts depend on the amount of shirts produced.
Extra adventure: once we reach an extra amount of 7.840€ we will present an extra adventure we have in mind. The Release date would be June 2018.
According to the amount of money we receive we will release new Stretch Goals or we will dedicate the money to improve as much as we can the technical part of our project!
8) Our Team
Hi everyone! Let's have fun together gamers!
Isabel de Miguel: industrial engineer big data fascinated
Angel Sanchez: industrial engineer and organization freak
Jacobo Ozores: creative industrial engineer and psychologist.
C.M.G.: industrial engineer and anonymous worker behind the scenes
Laura Muñoz: industrial engineer and financial crack
Our Ilustrator: Isabel M.
* All the texts has been translated to english by us for prototyping purposes but they will be rewritten by professional native translators of each language for the final versions.
Risks and challenges
Making this games is a completely new adventure for us: we have been working really hard on designing and testing our game concept and on trying to make the best crowdfunding campaign we could. Now we want to make it real and share it with everyone!
We need to program both two games, test them and translate them to english before we can launch them. We have done estimations of how long would these stages take with our tech expert, but the testing part is kind of impredictable. It could be quite fast or it could take too long and delay the whole project. Our games have different endings depending on the players decisions and we have 5 different versions of each game depending on the number of players so... There is a lot to be tested!
By using Kickstarter we are able to contact gamers around the world to check if you feel as excited as we are about our game before we go into full programming. In addition we love the unique way that Kickstarter enables us to share our project in a different way, allowing our fans and backers to have more visibility and insight about how we operate, giving them the chance to ask questions about the games or to give us a very valuable feedback about the campaign and the games.
We estimate a February 2018 delivery date at leat for one of the games (RTG). This corresponds to the necessary time to program, test and translate the game and also includes a safety margin of time, in case we come across with any unforeseen circumstances. It is in our best interest to get the game to our backers as soon as possible and we will do our best to ensure that there are no delays. If, for any reason, we are unable to create the game, we will fully refund every backer.
The main risks in a project as ours are the delays:
• Delays in programming: these delays are not controlled by us, but rather by the tech expert. We are working hard to minimize delays. This campaign has given us the opportunity to work closely with him in order to make more accurate estimations about the time that will be requiered to program the games. As soon as the Kickstarter campaign ends we will start working on the full programming of the games.
• Delays in testing: all we can assure on this is that we have very tight schedule for testing signed by contract, so that we have to test the full game in one week in order to give the necessary feedback to our programmer to correct any mistakes. We will do as many iterations of this process as necessary to ensure the games are perfectly ready to be launched!
Throughout the campaign and until both games are finished, we will continue working hard in order to fulfill our backers expectations and to thank them for all their support and all their trust they have placed in us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)