Wikinesis: Learn by practicing in a 3D app, on the web & VR!
Wikinesis: Learn by practicing in a 3D app, on the web & VR!
Wikinesis is an innovative 3D application which allows you to learn by practicing in a 3D virtual environment.
Wikinesis is an innovative 3D application which allows you to learn by practicing in a 3D virtual environment. Read more
What is it?
Learn how to install a graphic card in a computer, connect a sink in a bathroom, change brakes on a car by actually practicing in a virtual 3D environment directly in your browser or on your tablet or phone.
GET A GLIMPS OF THE WIKINESIS EXPERIENCE BY CLICKING ON THE IMAGE BELOW:
Wikinesis takes advantage of web technologies, 3D, video games and virtual interactivity to bring the user to experience learning through a simulation of reality. It allows the user not only to understand a concept but also to practice and study in context in a much more fun way. All this without any real impact on hardware or material, thus saving a lot of money… and you can redo it as many times you like! In addition, the software provides different learning methods and even allows users to create new tutorials and content . We are expecting to publish Wikinesis on the web (www.wikinesis.com) to be accessible on all platforms. To have a better overview, visit our interactive template/presentation on our website: Wikinesis demo:
What will we deliver/offer:
We need 200 000$ to start with, this will cover expenses for developing the basic engine.
For each additional 50 000$ over 200 000$: we will add a new tutorial category with content. Chosen from these category:
- House repairs
- First Aid
- (you may suggest a category, we might chose it).
Once the product is ready and online, we will offer:
Who can use this, who need’s it?
Anyone interested in learning how to do something and that is in need of practicing. Companies that have training needs internally (tutorials and training). Companies that want to demo their product on their website or train customers to their products (Ikea for example). School and education: perfect for teaching. Entertainment: as a hobby, similar to puzzle games. Basically, anyone who like to fix things themselves (homeowners, car enthusiast, etc.).
You can see an example of commercial application here:
Features & benefits:
- Your in the action! Participate virtually to boost your learning efficiency (not passive as in watching a video).
- Step by step learning: since it is interactive, your virtual teacher can accompany you trough your training at your pace (no need to pause and rewind like a video)
- 3D viewport: Understand from any point of view, the user can see the object from all angles and even see trough or inside the objects.
- Cost efficient & Green: Practice without having to pay for parts or real hardware & tools. No need to worry of braking valuable hardware! Save on transportation & no hardware to trash or recycle.
- Easy learning: From the comfort of home or at any location. Whenever you want, as many times you want and for as long as you want.
- Build confidence: you will be confident to try things since you have the right to make mistakes: nobody will complain because you jammed a screwdriver in the wrong place.
- Safer! You can practice anything without losing an arm or having the hardware explode in your face.
- Achievements: We will offer many achievement for completing tutorials. Users will be able to encourage each others and benefit from their work.
- The pleasure in learning : the exercises are presented in an interactive way and are therefore closer to a game, making the process more enjoyable for the user.
Our goal is to develop technology that will meet a growing need in the industry & in e-learning.
We already have tried the concept in a few prototypes. Most of the design is done a we have a lot of assets done. The offices, stations and team are already in place and ready for action.
We need to:
- Buy a few software licenses.
- Pay a few bills (electricity, internet & rent) & feed ourselves.
- Design and build web page: www.wikinesis.com
- Build software Architecture, UI, Data management, Sample tutorials & Test functionality
- Publish and market: Focus groups, Play tests, promotional video, Facebook & Google ads, make some noise!
- Hire consultants: Content specific specialists
- Nov 2015: Start project
- Dec 2015: Setup / Architecture / Basic functionalities / Database & Serialisation / User management
- May 2016: UI / 3D assets / Webpage
- Sept 2016: Alpha / First tutorials & specific content / Tests / Debug
- Oct 2016: Beta / Final implementation / Adds / Clients & backers content
- Dec 2016: RELEASE: Deliver project online! (Happy Holidays!) ;)
Who are we?
IN Studios:(click on our names for Linkedin profiles)
- Alexandre Joset: Creative Director, 3D/2D artist & teacher
- Jean-Francois Genest: Lead Developer
- Guillaume Huard Hughes: Web developer
Additionnal consultants & freelancers:
- Richard Bastien: Business strategy
- Guillaume Guérard: Business development & management
- Marc Benoit: Interactive & Tutorial design consultant
- David Gascon: 3D & 2D artist
- Tommy Bourgeois: Tests & Design.
- Le Burbivier: TV production & Artistic Dir.
N.B.: Toasty Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?vs=SpotlUoPdSE&feature=youtu.be
*Once the website is up. If your package includes an image, we will put your add or image on the website within the dev. process time period. Once the project is released in it’s entirety (final), your add or image will stay up and running for a year following the release date. It will need to be renewed after this term. Make sure to send us your images (for friend reward and image related rewards before June 1st). If we don't get the image before this date, there me further delays before we include your images.
**Your name or company placement must be arranged with the Wikinesis team so it serves you well and emphasis you. We cannot guarantee that a specific item will be available, the sooner you contact us, the better.
***Before signing in for the following, you need to contact us to determine the feasibility of you idea. We reserve ourselves the right to refuse certain requests if they do not comply with the specific technical limitations of our platform. We will design the tutorial to the best of your requests, but we cannot agree to your request or any specific blueprints without having a look at them first.
****This may require additional time after the main platform is released and to collaborate with your web team/developer. Please contact us for more information.
Risks and challenges
The team has experience in software development already, and the feasibility issues have been tackled a lot in the prototype. We have enough experience and resources to make this happen. You can have a look at our portfolio on www.instudios.ca.
For each subject (for example cars) we will need to hire consultants and specialist to cover properly the topic.
We want to deliver an exceptional platform but as with any software iterative development process we will need to continuously modify, test extensively, make changes and test again our software. This process can require a longer development time, but the quality gained by this process is worth the effort. We are dedicated to deliver this project and will continue working on it full time, on our working hours and in our spare time.
We have worked with fixed budgets in the past, and very small budgets to, so we are confident that every penny gained through Kickstarter will be used to it’s maximum. We want this project to be completed as we have dreamed about it for many years. We hope you will find this project captivating as we do and will be using it on a daily basis once released!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter