About this project
Introducing the Outlier!
An outlier is typically something that is set apart, unique and causes people to turn their heads, this new bag from BiKASE does just that!
1. The Outlier backpack features a separate padded computer compartment with duel zippers to keep your computer well protected and away from the main storage compartment to maximize storage space. Fits up to a 15" computer.
2. Small front zipper pocket for items such as an energy bar, multi-tool, flat kit, road bike tubes, cell phone, etc.
3. Larger front duel zipper pocket with divider fits such items as pens/pencils, note book, Co2 cartridges, etc.!
4. The reflective webbing on the outside of the large front zipper pocket will hold a ULOCK.
5. The front sock cords with metal hooks will hold a helmet once your ride is completed!
6. There are 2 mesh side pockets for easy access to small items or a water bottle.
7. Tab on the bottom of bag will fit any size or style rear light.
8. A yellow rain cover is in a hidden pocket on the bottom side of bag for better viability and features the stylish BiKASE logo!
9. Top handle for good grip when carrying the Outlier or installing it as a pannier bag!
Backpack straps are connected using d-rings and can be easily disconnected and stuffed into the back pocket when not in use. Chest strap adds additional comfort and fit.
Disconnect backpack straps from D-rings and hide in back pocket, connecting the pannier clip to the back of the bag keeps the pannier clips secure while riding. Simply pull out the hook from the middle of the back pouch to hook on the bottom of rack when installing pannier.
There are 3 Velcro straps used for the Trunk bag. Simply pull the straps out of the back pouch, wrap them around the underside of the rear rack and tighten as needed. * Note: it is best to install the straps around the braces on rack for most secure fit.
The Outlier is a perfect cycling companion.
We found the Outlier perfect for many uses:
- Commuting to the office with computer and change of clothes.
- Riding to the coffee shop to meet up with friends
- Wearing to a fashion gala
- As a student to carry computer, books and other class essentials
- As a carry-on bag while flying, it fits perfect under the seat and easy access to computer while going thru TSA
- Riding to dinner at Grandmas house, because you know she will give you leftovers!
Check out this video by Pat Smage using the Outlier on his fat bike over some jumps and rocks:
Risks and challenges
Over the past year during our design phase we have tested and sampled this backpack many times. We discovered new uses and added features and tested the backpack on many different types of bike racks. We have worked through the issues and believe the product is complete and ready to go.
The good news:
The production cutting dies and molds are complete. We have worked with this best in class manufacturer and know they will deliver on time with a high quality product.
The bad news:
In order to scale production efficiently for the set up we need to meet a minimum order quantity. Being a small family run company it is a big risk to place this order. That is why we are working with you through Kickstarter to help us get this project off the ground!
We have manufactured stuff before and have run a successful Kickstarter in the past with good success. There is always risk when doing something new, but we during our process of tireless sampling and design review mitigates the risk. We just need a good push to get the ball rolling from other cycling minded people!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (24 days)