About this project
What is RA? RA is a cutting edge 3D printer controller board made by Elefu. We made the board that we wanted on our 3D printers at MakeSLC in Salt Lake City, UT. We wanted something easy to use that had the features we needed. We decided that it had to be affordable and expandable and did we ever pack it full of features. Yet we managed to keep the price low. We have worked hard to make RA and bring it to you.
Why are we using Kickstarter, when we had decided to do the project no matter what? Three reasons:
First, our margin on this board is low, because we have packed in so many features. We can not afford to make 5000 boards right now. We can only afford to make what we can sell. But with Kickstarter, we can reach a lot of people quickly, and gauge our support. If the initial run can be bigger then we can make more boards and serve more people in the 3D printing community.
Second, because we got requests to pre-order the board. By using Kickstarter, we get a pre-order system automatically. And, because so many people wanted a lot of different options we can use this to gauge what options people really want.
Third, because with Kickstarter we can have stretch goals, we can add more features and improve the ones that are already there. You get to tell us what is important to you and we will do it.
So please support us. Let's show everyone what a great community exists out there for 3D printing. Spread the word! Share us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and forums. The more people we have on board the more we can offer. We have some great ideas for this project and with your support we can make them reality.
Thank you. It means a lot to us to be able to do this, and with your help we will!
Features of RA:
- Screw terminals for easy connection
- MP3 sound controller add-on available
- Lighting control - up to 64 RGD LEDs
- Status updates via lighting
- Modified Marlin firmware pre-installed and configured for typical 1-extruder machine. You can run up to 3 extruders
- 5 PWM driven MOSFET outputs with indicator leds
- 2 - 12V MOSFET outputs for heated beds (10A per board fused) controlled by one pin
- 3 - 12V MOSFET outputs fused together at 10A for extruder cores
- One 5V PWM output fused at 5A with 5V rail
- Buzzer - Beeps when using Elefu Control Panel menu for feedback.
- Reset button for MCU
- Up to 6 Elefu A4988 Stepper Drivers. X,Y,Z and up to 3 Extruders.
- Elefu A4988 Stepper Drivers do Full,Half, Quarter, Eighth, Sixteenth micro-stepping support.
- RA is pin compatible with pololu A4988 Stepper Drivers
- Power on LED indicator
- 4 Thermistor inputs measure temperature of heated bed and 3 hot ends
- 6 Limit switch inputs with ground and 5V for optical or mechanical end-stops
- Dedicated +3v3, +5v and +12v outputs fused at 5A per rail for additional components including light ring, fans, MP3 sound controller, lighting control kit, camera IR trigger and any custom uses you can think up.
- Camera IR trigger kit available to use with marlin-supported remote camera trigger gcode command.
- LED light ring
- FTDI USB for programming the ATMega2560 and uploading custom firmware with dedicated TX and RX LEDs for communication indicators
- ATMega2560 built in. All unused pins mapped to board with +5V, GND
- ICSP pin header for direct AVR programming
- ATX power supply input - takes 24 pin and either 4pin or 8 pin connector for a maximum of 36A of current on the 12V rails and 5A each on the 5V and 3v3 rail, with 500ma of standby power for essential components
- Power supply can be turned off via software when printer is finished printing
Elefu control panel Add-on features:
- Rotary encoder with push button switch to control menus and operate your printer without a computer
- SD card support - Print from SD card, no computer needed to run printer
- Remote reset button for emergency stops
- LCD Display with menu system for control of printer
Look at all the extras!
Any supporter at the $10 level or higher may add any number of these extras to his support level. You’ll have to add the indicated amount of your extras to your pledge. When the project closes, we'll send out a survey to all the backers, and you'll use that to tell us what extras you wanted.
All the extras listed below ship free within the US. International supporters must add shipping in the amount of $60 to their pledge. Canada and Mexico add $35 for shipping. All extras must be able to fit in the priority mail medium flat rate box or the international mail medium flat rate box. Basically you can fit all extras and a reward level in this box without a problem.
Board headers - 2 pack $3
Thermistors - 2 pack $6
Motors - 5 pack $95 or single for $20
LED light ring - $10
End stops - 3 pack $5
Rainbow pack. This is 1 kilogram each of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black and White. Available in 3mm or 1.7mm. PLA or ABS. Free Shipping! Sorry, no International orders! - $352
Metal and Glow in the Dark pack. This is 1 kilogram each of Glow in the Dark Blue, Glow in the Dark Green, Gold and Silver. Available in 3mm or 1.7mm. PLA or ABS. Free Shipping! Sorry, no International orders! - $199
Camera board kit - used to control canon camera for automatic picture taking on 3D printer. - $10
MP3 with speaker - $59
TLC light controller and 8 RGB led boards (supports up to 8 of these) - $20.00 each.
40 mm Fan - 2 pack $5
Bed Heater 214mm x 214mm - $42.00
Motor Driver 3 pack - You solder the headers - $33
- SD-card - $8
At the end of the Kickstarter we will send out a survey for the extras. You will choose the extras you want added to your pledge. If your math is off we will not do a refund. That will just be extra money you pledge to us. So add smart.
Remember these prices INCLUDE SHIPPING! Except international orders add $60. Canada and Mexico add $35 for shipping.
Also if you want to build a 3D printer, If you ORDER THE EXTRAS all you need to do is order extrusion, nuts and bolts and get printed parts to make a Mendelmax, Prusa or any other variant.
The more we fund, the more you get.
$5000 - A free screwdriver, we have lots of screw terminals so you will need one.
$10,000 - Lighting programs, we will code more cool lighting animations for you to have on your printer. Who does not want a disco 3D printer!
$15,000 - Color LCD options blue or green for everyone that gets the Elefu control panel!
$20,000 - Custom sound files for your 3D printer! We will make several custom sound files. Then you can pick and choose which ones you want.
$25,000 - SD Card for everyone that gets the Elefu Control Panel!
$30,000 - locked
Thanks for helping us! Now go select your reward level.
Support this project
- (34 days)