Lämmin seeks to create a new, ground-breaking, luxurious yet stylish item of clothing by combining the best qualities of design and production. Lämmin is not just an accessory, Lämmin brings clothing to life, it bridges the gap between interactive-accessorising and fashion, allowing the personality of the owner to flow wildly.
Lämmin is a global message of peace, the ultimate embrace of beauty.
Lämmin was born in spring 2013, after a particularly well designed clothing accessory had fascinated and inspired Marianna: it was a thick wool scarf accompanied with a hood.
This first ever piece was handcrafted years before by the Finnish textile designer Minna. At first for fun, and then as a challenge and a real passion, the idea evolved to actual production and commercialization of the modern and original hooded scarf.
An elitist Finnish icon captured as a finest Made in Italy accessory, an ancient lifetime story told via prestigious details and modern particulars.
THE COLLECTION - When Made in Italy embraces Finnish design
Lämmin 60-20, an original and versatile accessory, designed for the urban-fashion customer. 60°, 20° are the geographic coordinates of Turku, the Finnish city where the designer Minna was born and grew up. (Overall Composition: 30% cashmere, 40% merino, 20% viscose, 10% polyester).
Lämmin Ilves, an elegant and luxurious accessory, where silk and cashmere embrace each other to empower the customer’s beauty. (Interior Composition: 100% silk. Exterior Composition: 30% cashmere, 40% merino, 20% viscose, 10% polyester).
Lämmin Suomi, a direct and honest accessory, just like the country which it is named after: Finland. A creation of the Finnish winters it is the best when it comes to protect you from the cold. (Overall Composition: 30% cashmere, 40% merino, 20% viscose, 10% polyester).
Lämmin Tupla, a cool and versatile accessory, designed to be reversible allowing you to change your Tupla’s colour depending on your mood and your outfit! (Interior Composition: 100% cotton. Exterior Composition: 30% cashmere, 40% merino, 20% viscose, 10% polyester).
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
Our first prototype collection is ready and it is now time to flood the market! Lämmin is a fresh entity, and at this exciting time of our growth and expansion, this is where we really need your help to grow. If you like our products, the out-of-the-box thought philosophy of our brand and the concept that fashion and luxury should directly correlate to substance, then, please support our cause and help us to build this dream called Lämmin – we’d love you to join us too!
As with any new product-based venture, Lämmin is a capital-intensive business and that’s why we need your help to see us over the first cusp of the wave.
Just to show you how your contribution can help Lämmin flourish and grow, here are our projections and fundrising milestones:
- £20,000 will allow the production of the Tupla model.
- £55,000 will allow the production of the 60-20 model. It will also allow the development of a complete e-platform, allowing us to offer and spread the superior Lämmin quality all over the world
- £100,000 will allow the production of the Ilves and Suomi models, thus completing the Lämmin family!
- £150,000+ means Lämmin (and you!) can really start changing and shaping the fashion industry. It will allow Lämmin to operate at maximum efficiency meaning we can start creating new designs and diversifying our investments into new initiatives.
The pledges we have chosen for you are the following:
Here you can see our Lämmin faces. We really look forward to add yours to our website!
SOCIAL & LINKS - LOVE LÄMMIN
- "Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger"
- "The ChiliCool" - Outfit
- "Pirati & Sirene"
Risks and challenges
Our team is fully committed to making Lämmin the best it can be. We've spent a year designing and prototyping our first collection, sourcing the best materials and selected the most experienced partners in order to minimize potential risks.
However, like any new venture, Lämmin is a work in progress and we appreciate and understand that there is still a long and thrilling way to go before we reach our ultimate goal. Realising and mitigating the risks posed to us is an activity at the top of our priority list, otherwise it makes all other efforts fruitless.
When undertaking a new business opportunity, it is important to recognise any potential risks that may occur. Identifying such risks will allow Lämmin to be strategically prepared to undertake any challenges that may arise. The identified risks are:
• If contrary to media speculation, the economic recession deepens, the disposable income of the UK population will decrease proportionally resulting in reduced purchase of luxury accessories
• The emergence of competitors with a similar type of product and target market is most likely to emerge when Lämmin proves successful
• Reputation – Lämmin is working hard and passionately to build its own brand, fully aware that every step counts, as well as each one of you!
- (49 days)