This campaign has been canceled due to unsuccessful funding. But worry not, cat-parent extraordinaire, we will be re-launching Laser Lunch soon with a few tweaks! Meow.
For too long, the vintage laser toy has been all chase, no reward.
Our team of decorated experts have engineered a solution: a deluxe laser pointer with built-in treat launcher technology.
Laser Lunch rewards your pet with a tasty treat when they catch the laser dot. No more kitty or doggo frustration during laser play! It's fun for both human and pet!
Here is how it works:
1. Using your thumb, simply pull the treat chamber into launch position. Note that this turns on the laser.
2. Load a treat into the treat chamber. Play with kitty or pup. We'll teach backers all about safe and ideal laser play in the backer-only updates ^_^
3. When kitty or pup catches the red laser dot, reward them by using your thumb to release the treat. Notice the laser then turns off so kitty or pup sees treat in the place of the laser now! Reward!
Features of Laser Lunch:
- Rechargeable battery; use the enclosed standard USB micro connector charging cable for never-ending fun*
- Laser play and treat launching using a single hand. Leaves one hand free to pet your other kitties or pups or cook dinner
- Treat chamber automatically centers and cradles treat, ensuring near-perfect launch precision
- Mechanical gate keeps treat inside of launcher during play, no matter what angle you point Laser Lunch
- Eliminates laser pointer frustration by rewarding your pet on a successful catch
- Gives pets a workout before treat consumption
*Rechargeable battery will not actually last for eternity, but will last quite a long time.
Who We Are
At PDX Pet Design, we are a small team designing pet products that are clever and totally fun to use.
Tara O'Mara is the president and co-founder of PDX Pet Design. Tara's background is in neuroscience and marketing, and she's radically engaged in the movement to destigmatize crazy cat ladies.
Jason O'Mara is the lead design engineer and co-founder. His background is in electrical engineering. He has at least four cat t-shirts.
Chris Roots is a mechanical engineer and inventor. Chris designed and prototyped the launching mechanism and aesthetic design of Laser Lunch. Chris likes to take his two dogs on long walks on the beach at sunset.
Risks and challenges
We are proud to say this is our third Kickstarter project! We have eliminated many of the risks by doing most of the product design and manufacturing sourcing already. Here's how:
1. Prototype is near production-ready, including development of a custom spring for the aforementioned precision launch
2. We have selected trusted suppliers and vendors, whom we have worked with on prior products
3. Engineering, Marketing, and Shipping Teams are in place and ready to start working 100% as soon as we fund
4. We are applying all the lessons learned from our two previous Kickstarter projects (SHRU - the intelligent cat companion and LICKI Brush) to Laser Lunch
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter