About this project
Shru has a new (web) home. Visit getshru.com to learn more and to preorder your kitty a Shru.
As seen on
- Shru responds to your cat's play by mimicking a small animal's erratic movement and sound
- Shru is rechargeable through your USB phone charging cord -- never buy batteries again!
- Configure Shru to operate in different modes on your laptop's interface
What can Shru do and How does it work?
- Move back and forth even over carpet
- Shake and make cute sounds
- Sense obstacles and reverse direction
- and most importantly, Shru will sense kitty interactions ( taps, kitty-grabs, and pounces) and try to escape while making lots of noise!
Explanation of Funding
Our goal is to offer Kickstarter project backers with Shru cat companions at cost, to get this project rolling. Below, please find some more cost details.
Reward #1 & 2
The final production Shru will cost us $31 per piece to make. You will be receiving Shru at cost price. Because of price-break points we can realize with bulk orders, we need to order parts for 500 of these to sell them to you at cost - $31 per piece. The major costs consist of the plastic enclosure mold (~$10 per piece) and custom electronic components (~17 per piece). Other costs include packaging and shipping. We're providing these final product Shru to Kickstarter backers at cost so that we can get this project some traction for down-the-road investors.
Early adopters will pay $125 for a custom-made, first-run edition of Shru. Because we anticipate production of only a handful of these, the cost breakdowns are as follows: $50 - 3D printed hard ellipsoid enclosure $20 - Printed Circuit Board (PCB) $30 - Electronics $15 - Motor and Battery $10 - Packaging and Shipping All net profits from this project will be used for project incidentals and/or funding Phase 3 of this project (see Phase breakdown above).
All net profits from this project will be used for project incidentals and/or funding Phase 3 of this project (see Phase breakdown below).
Phase 1 - Prototype
Risks and challenges
A well thought-out plan is essential for minimizing unanticipated obstacles, and we've put a lot of critical thought into Phase 1.
1. Failure Analysis will be crucial to the plan. The last thing we want is a poor quality product. Failure analysis has been at the forefront of our minds during prototyping, and will be an ongoing design element during Phase 2 and Phase 3, to ensure a lasting quality product is delivered to project backers.
2. Uninterested or scared cat. Part of the early adopter program will be to identify those most discriminating and hard-to-please cats, and correspondingly tweaking the Shru design to bring out the little tiger in every last cat.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)