Hello Kickstarter, we are a group of music and art enthusiasts from Seattle who decided that we would no longer just enjoy the awesome works of creativity that make festivals like Burning Man and numerous other local festivals awe-inspiring, but would start giving back. And after careful consideration of what's been done before and what we had the resources and ability to create we ended up with the LEGO TRUCK, and little did we know how well it would be received. The concept was to create an adult playcar that harkened everyone back to their childhoods, something to encourage adults to play like children, and children to think big about what they can create if they set their mind to it. After our months of pain-staking work and thousands of dollars invested, Billy the LEGO TRUCK was born.
Billy's first appearance at Burning Man was in 2011, and just like every other art car we had our excessive share of mishaps and mini emergencies getting to and at the festival. Our friends, family, and community have always been enthusiastic and supportive of our efforts throughout this process. While we were discussing how to fix the issues from last year with the LEGO TRUCK we started to see the need for mechanical repairs and upgrades.
Here’s what Billy needs:
- Improve the cooling system to prevent the constant overheating issues.
- Transmission service, to keep it on the road going to events.
- Replace damaged LED ribbons, amplifiers, battery bank, inverter, shattered windshield ect.
- Gas fund to help the nearly $1,000+ in fuel costs to drive to the playa and back (Yes the LEGO TRUCK drives on the freeway!!!)
- Upgrade and deck out the party platform with new seats, shade structure, lights etc.
- New, quality loud speaker system so people around the truck can enjoy the music as much as the people riding it.
- A quiet & efficient Honda generator to run the lights and music when parked, to reduce emissions and gas consumption from running the engine.
- We are also working on a 2nd level because we never had enough space to fit all the people who wanted to ride it last year.
- Miscellaneous (insurance, storage, maintenance ect.)
Why we do it!
The LEGO TRUCK is instantly recognizable and was adored last year at Burning Man and at local events around Seattle. People constantly approach us to say that this is "their childhood dream, a real life LEGO TRUCK," and children are awed as they see something they recognize and enjoy being enjoyed by adults. We’d like to keep this project evolving and be able to give back to everyone who has and will enjoy. Billy is fun and a unique way to make memories with friends and spreading positive atmosphere throughout this community, but it is EXPENSIVE and we don't have deep pockets so we are reaching out to the broader community who wants to see this project continue to live and evolve.
~ The Lego Trucks Future ~
Through the relationships we've built during this experience we are planning on expanding the LEGO TRUCKS appearances at Northwest events, which are currently only limited by the lack of funds to keep up with the needed repairs and supplies. But as long as we're able to keep the engine running, lights blinking, and the whole rig covered in a secure parking lot the LEGO TRUCK can continue to live on for years to come.
Please help us keep Billy on the road entertaining people and stimulating young people's imaginations.
Please help us and share this kickstarter project with your friends and family!
\\ REWARDS //
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)