- Line of 28mm miniatures cast in lead-free metal - PLEASE SEE UPDATE #11
- Standard troops have poseable/interchangeable parts
- All models in the campaign available as add-ons at £6 each
- Average model RRP £7.50
- For more pictures of the renders and to keep up-to-date you can visit https://www.facebook.com/salvationandsteel/
- All models will come with a standard 25mm gaming base
Put simply, we want to produce a great line of high-quality miniatures which can be used for a variety of purposes.
The material for production was initially going to be lead-free metal, however we believe we will be able to produce these miniatures in resin at our current prices and retain great detail on the miniatures - PLEASE SEE UPDATE #11.
Standard troops (e.g. the first two female models) will have interchangeable pieces; the heads, arms, torso and legs are printed separately with the same joints.
Special characters and leaders (e.g. the female death mage) will be more detailed and, while poseable, will be more focused towards being showcase pieces. Having said that, where possible, these models will come with multiple pieces (e.g. heads) which can also be interchanged with the other models.
Below are pictures of master-casts, held together unceremoniously with blu-tac. We specifically laid aside part of our starting budget to have the models printed with numerous different companies so that we could choose the best result for the project.
We're delighted that the tiniest details, like the knives on her left leg and the cross-stitching on the sides of her trousers, have come out perfectly. The model is shown here on a standard 25mm base. See the 3D renders below for comparison.
We have 54 models planned, and funding beyond our stretch target of £20,000 will be a huge bonus (including multiple free models for all pledges £19 and over) allowing us to pass considerable savings on to our initial backers. The list of planned models, along with unlock levels for the campaign, is shown below.
All models unlocked will also be available individually at the end of the campaign as an add-on for the same price (£6) as at the reward levels.
We wanted to keep the description short and sweet, so please find the 3D renders of the first three models below. Your support of this project means that we have money to not only master-print the other renders but also then cast these for distribution to the pledges.
Female Warrior #1:
Female Warrior #2:
Knight Pose #1:
List of pledges and levels:
- UNLOCKED - female warrior (#1) and male knight
- UNLOCKED - second female warrior pose
- UNLOCKED - second male knight pose
- UNLOCKED - female death mage
- £4,000 - female sorceress
- £4,800 - female knight
- £5,600 - dragonkin
- £6,400 - female warrior (#3)
- £7,200 - wolfkin
- £8,200 - male sorceror
- £9,000 - male death mage
- £10,000 - two more female knight poses
- £10,800 - monstrosity
- £11,600 - male warrior (#1)
- £12,400 - gryphkin
- £13,200 - skeleton warrior kit
- £14,000 - equikin
- £15,400 - male (#2 & #3) warriors
- £16,400 - Knight special character
- £17,400 - Warrior special character
- £18,400 - angel
- £19,200 - male & female assassins
- £20,000 - free objective marker (miniatures) for every pledge above £19
- Past £20,000 (wishful thinking!) we will follow the schedule of 1 miniature every £800 target and also a set of miniatures which can be used across all of the playable factions (including a few more of the standard fantasy offerings)!
Risks and challenges
As this is our first Kickstarter, we understand that we might be considered as a risk by some potential investors and that's why we have gone as far as we could with the production process.
We didn't want to be a project that just showcased 3D renders; anyone can do that. The physical production that we've commissioned hopefully shows that we have our production line in place and can fulfill our promises to those people that chose to help us in this adventure.
The physical casts we've produced so far also show that the level of detail in our renders can be achieved. We are happy to have learnt lessons from the first casts and only move forward with the highest quality representations of our work.
What are the actual risks? If we experience a massive volume of interest in our miniatures this might extend the process slightly, but there is absolutely NO danger of people not receiving miniatures and, to be entirely honest, while we've put dates in against the pledges there is a bit of contingency built in there and we hope to bring these dates forward.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)