Hello Brimstone Gang!
We've been feverishly working away on the remaining Shadows of Brimstone expansion material from the Kickstarter. It's going well, and we are still aiming for completing production by the end of the year. This update, we show off some of that progress and also cover information about Gen Con, which is almost upon us.
Flesh Stalkers are a mysterious, rare, and ancient alien race. Masters of super science and the macabre, they work in the shadows, only emerging when required to accomplish their fiendish goals! Flesh Stalkers are known for the ruthless and gruesome experiments they perform, splicing the DNA and body parts of various creatures and people together to create hideous monstrosities to do their bidding.
In developing the Flesh Stalker, we realized that he really needs minions to do his nefarious bidding. The creation of the Flesh Drones really "fleshed" out the character and upgraded him from a simple enemy to an entire Deluxe Enemy Pack with new missions, Encounters, Artifacts, Threats, and all new decks including 'Fiendish Goals' and the Flesh Stalker's 'Tools of Terror'.
Obviously, the Flesh Stalker was originally conceived as a single enemy during the Kickstarter. As we have done in the past, we will be sure that backers have the option to purchase an upgrade to the full Deluxe Enemy Pack to get the six Flesh Drone enemies and all of the new cards and missions. More specifics on this before we send out Wave 2. Backers that choose not to upgrade, will receive the Flesh Stalker with some of his cards so that he appears only as an Epic Threat, as originally listed in the Kickstarter.
XL Swamp Raptor
Stalking the swampy jungles of Jargono, the deadly Swamp Raptor is one of the creatures most feared by tribal natives and Serpentmen alike! With its thick-scaled hide, lightning fast speed, and viciously sharp teeth, the Swamp Raptor is the ultimate predator of the jungle.
We are very proud of the new level of detail that we have achieved in the latest models. The Swamp Raptor has very detailed reptilian skin, sharp teeth, and a dynamic fin ridge down its back! The kit goes together easily and looks really sharp!
XXL Sand Kraken
Tunneling through rock and sand and time, these ancient and massive creatures lay dormant beneath the surface of the world for millenia. Earthquakes rock the ground and mountains tremble as the most massive of these beasts stir in thier timeless slumber, waiting to awaken, rumbling to the surface to feed their eternal hunger. When a Sand Kraken re-emerges from the deep, breaking through the surface like the tip of a horrifying iceberg, the vast majority of its beastly body remains writhing and clawing through the ocean of rock below.
We just received some new production plastics in the studio including the Swamp Raptor and Sand Kraken. The detail on the Sand Kraken really looks great, from the chitinous surface of each reptilian scale on the body to the eroded cuts in each of the rocks in the base!
Gen Con Events
Here is a listing of our Gen Con Special Events (all taking place at the Flying Frog Booth #1149):
- Shadows of Brimstone Painting Contest (No Cost to Enter, Limit One Entry Per Category, You must have painted the miniatures personally) Categories include: Best Hero, Best Enemy, and Brimstone Bounty (group of Heroes or Enemies or Diorama). Entries can be turned in at the booth from 10AM Thursday to 2PM Saturday. Judging at 2PM Saturday, Winners announced 3PM Saturday, Prizes Awarded.
- Preview of the Derelict Ship and Blasted Wastes OtherWorlds as well as the Campaign Mission Packs for Shadows of Brimstone with Designer Jason C. Hill, Thursday 3-6PM : Jason gives a personal tour of these future expansions for Shadows of Brimstone giving fans a glimpse of work that is currently in development. Several players will also get to play in a deadly Derelict Ship Scenario.
- Sneak Preview of Flying Frog’s Next Big Thing, Friday 4-6PM : Flying Frog creators, Jason and Scott Hill, give a sneak preview of their next project!
- Trederran Trench War!, Shadows of Brimstone Mega Event, Saturday 4-6PM : Flying Frog creators, Jason and Scott Hill, run this mega event at the main event table in the FFP booth on Saturday afternoon. Nothing necessary to play, just grab a hero and delve into the war-torn world of Trederra! Face off against Trederran forces as you attempt to shut down their sinister doomsday plot! Players earn victory points to win prizes in this epic adventure!
- Painting Shadows of Brimstone Miniatures with Aaron Lovejoy, Thursday-Sunday All Day : Professional Painter, Aaron Lovejoy, shares his techniques and tips for painting the Shadows of Brimstone figures. He should know, as he is the studio painter for all of Flying Frog’s Shadows of Brimstone Minis.
- Frontier Town 3D Brimstone Adventure, Thursday-Sunday All Day (No Cost to Enter, runs all day, No Sign up) : It’s a shootout in the streets of the Frontier Town like you’ve never seen it before – in a huge 3D game table!
- City of the Ancients 3D Targa Adventure, Thursday-Sunday All Day (No Cost to Enter, runs all day, No Sign up) : Play through the frozen ancient alien city in a huge pre-built 3D game table!
- Building Brimstone: How to Construct 3D Game Boards with Ellian and Daniel, Friday 2-3PM : Artists, Ellian Opheim and Daniel Samuelsson, show you how they constructed the beautiful and detailed 3D game boards for Shadows of Brimstone!
- Build Your Brimstone Miniatures with Brian Snoddy, Sunday 2-4PM : Concept artist, Brian Snoddy, shows you how to build the creatures that he concepted. Glue and tools are provided, just bring your Shadows of Brimstone models.
Gen Con Pick Up
We have received a lot of messages asking about a Gen Con pick up. We have been working hard to put together something cool but also logistically possible. We have decided to offer two options for the Gen Con pick up:
Option #1 Big Box of Stuff - We can process your Pledge in advance and ship it to Gen Con for an in-person Pick Up. It will include everything that we have ready up to this point. You must pre-register for this in advance of Gen Con and we will need to charge a $20 registration fee (for shipping and handling). This pre-registration will close on July 25th or when we run out of the limited slots available (about 100 backers). At the time of pick up, you will have the option to purchase missing enemies to complete your OtherWorld:Trederra Expansion and Flesh Stalker and Flesh Drones Deluxe Enemy Pack.
Option #2 OtherWorld: Trederra - No pre-registration necessary. If you are a Kickstarter Backer who is slated to receive OtherWorld:Trederra (Minecart Pledge or as an Add-On to an Outlaw Pledge), you can pick up this Deluxe Expansion. We have limited quantities (air shipping these in early at great expense), so we will have 50 available for pick up on Thursday at 10AM and 50 available on Saturday at 10AM. We may have additional copies available for Pick up on Sunday at 3PM. At the time of pick up, you will have the option to purchase missing enemies to complete your OtherWorld:Trederra Expansion.
Well, that's it for now. We hope to see many of you at Gen Con in a few weeks. Be sure to stop by the booth and say hi!
Scott and Jason