Vae Victis, a tabletop game about Decline and Treachery (Canceled)
Accomplish your hidden goals as a Patrician of Ancient Rome, while keeping an eye open for the schemes of your rivals!
Welcome to Ancient Rome. Welcome to Vae Victis: A semi-competitive game for 3-6 players about Decline and Treachery.
Rome is going to hell. Redneck barbarians are raiding the borders, the economy is in freefall and the sewer workers are on strike…again. To top it all, mercenaries and slaves have delusions of grandeur, while those petty pencil pushers at the Senate indulge in never-ending rhetoric displays.
As a wealthy patrician, you’re pretty sure it is expected that you lend your help to Mother Rome in this dire time of need. But then again... will your “friends” do the same? The Ides of March are around the corner…
VAE VICTIS is a semi-competitive game of hidden goals and track management for 3 to 6 players of ages 10 and up. Games last around 30 minutes.
For more information on how the game plays, including playthroughs & reviews, scroll down to the "More Info" section.
Please note that, while we value all our backers equally, we need all the help we can get in getting this project off to a good start. That's why if you pledge in the first 72 hours of the project, you will get 5 extra custom, roman-themed metal coins when selecting the Early Caesar pledge.
With your help we hope to unlock stretch goals to upgrade the components' quality and add more content. The unlocked stretch goals will be applied to all backers, regardless of their pledge - Patrician or (Early) Caesar.
If you're a verified retailer, and want to buy copies of the game, pledge at the Citizen level and get in touch with us via a PM. We will take care of the rest.
While every backer means the world to us, regardless of where you're based, we can’t avoid the reality: shipping is very expensive and is a cost we all need to share for this project to be successful. However, since we want to do our best, we have included a discount for ALL shipping.
The rewards will be shipped to anywhere in the world. Depending on the number of backers of each region, we will ship from different logistics centers or from a single one. In the latter case, shipping might be slightly delayed.
The game will be published by 2tomatoes games.
There are 2 tomatoes: Álvaro Lerma and Jordi Rodríguez. We met at uni and after having adventures more or less all over the world we founded the company with a simple goal in mind: make games that are different, that stand out.
We're a young publishing company, based in Barcelona. We're very passionate about what we do and we only publish games that we love. It is a lot of work but we can live with the burden. Expect more from us soon...
2tomatoes wants to thank the special playtesters & fellows at the "Pati Llimona" playtest meetings; all our fellows at the "Ludo" (Spain's game designer's association) playtest meetings; all our fellows at the BGG's forums and everybody who has downloaded the PnP and/or has come to visit us and test the game in all the events we've attended. Without you this would not have been possible.
Game Design: Enrique Dueñas
Game Development: Álvaro Lerma and Jordi Rodríguez
Illustration & Graphic Design: Gaetano Leonardi
Campaign Video, How to play Video, Voiceovers & Rulebook Design: Luis Novoa
Campaign Video Music: "Rynos Theme" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Risks and challenges
The publication of a board game is a complicated process. It is prone to many mistakes and things can sometimes go wrong. However, 2Tomatoes has successfully run and delivered all of our crowdfunding projects (Kickstarter, Verkami), and this one will be no different.
Here are the steps we have taken in order to reduce the likelihood of mistakes and delays:
1 - We have done significant pre-production. This includes having all the materials for the game complete and the graphic art over 95% complete; the remaining 5% will be achieved during the campaign. We already have the production quote and an agreement with our manufacturer. We just need the funding to be able to start producing!
2 - We use fulfillment companies for shipping when we have a large number of orders to ship in a short period of time. Vae Victis will use fulfillment for at least international shipping.
3 - We are fully committed to transparency and backer communication. We will be updating you on a regular basis and we will be present during the whole process to answer any questions and read every comment
We want to thank you, dear backer, for your support and trust. Vae Victis could not be made without you, and in return we give you our guarantee that we’ll make it the best possible.
The TeamLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)