So, the book was sent to the printers, and late last week I received a proof. For those not in the know, a proof is basically an unbound copy of the book. You get an untrimmed, unfolded cover, and the stack of pages in order but unbound. Everything you see is how it will be printed (paper stock, color, matte finish, etc.), so this becomes the last chance to catch any errors and make any changes before the order goes through.
First, I was incredibly impressed with the printing. I'm using a better paper stock for this book, and it really has effected the quality of the printing. The blacks are rich and crisp, and the grey tones turned out really well. I was also able to include a few bleeds in the book, which is where an image goes all the way to the edge of the paper.
However, I did catch a few technical glitches in the printing which is going to hold things up for a little bit. Fortunately, the problems weren't in the file I sent, and the printer is correcting things on their end. I should receive a new proof this week, and then if all looks good, I'll okay the order.
Hopefully, I should have the books the first or second week of December. Most of you have provided me with your addresses (thank you!), but for those that still haven't filled out the form I sent via Kickstarter, please do so as soon as possible. I'd hate for there to be an unnecessary delay in your reward shipment.
As always, thanks, and I'll keep you posted!