Black Bird Brewing Company, is a medium-scale start-up nano brewery that will be located in the growing city of Boise Idaho. This is a new concept business in its start-up phase of planning. We are on the brink of penetrating a lucrative market in a rapidly-growing economy and needs your help with acquiring equipment for our new start up. The current trend towards an increase in the number of entrepreneurs and competition amongst existing companies presents an opportunity for Black Bird Brewing Co to penetrate this market. Our products will be positioned very carefully. They will be of extremely high quality to ensure customer satisfaction, supported by impeccable service to our customers. Our primary goal will be to establish and strengthen our trade, which will be bestowed by the community in which we function. As Black Bird Brewing Co prospers and grows, the surrounding community will continue to benefit from both the value created by Black Bird Brewing Co and its behavior as a corporate citizen.
(for a $100 dollar or more donation you will receive this sweet T-Shirt.)
Initial plans are to produce three main lines of products primarily focusing on the “Galactic American IPA”, “The Transporter Porter” (All Idaho Hausebrau Battle 2nd Place organic robust porter 2012) and “The Carnes Kilt Lifter Irish Double Red Ale” as well as other seasonal craft beers. These products will be sold in different sized containers from half to sixth barrel Sanke kegs, Growlers to 22oz bottles sold through out the Treasure Valley and then Pacific Northwest as production allows. These products shall be extensively distributed to various locations.
Our marketing strategy will be based mainly on ensuring that customers know the product by recognition and where to locate the product in there community, and making the right product and information available to the right target customer. Hence we intend to implement a market penetration strategy that will ensure that we are well known and respected in our industry. We will ensure that our products' prices take into consideration people's budgets, and that these people appreciate the product and know that it exists, including where to find it. However these prices will also take into consideration the cost of production and distribution so as to ensure that we remain viable and operational. The marketing effort will convey the sense of quality and satisfaction in every picture, every promotion, and every publication. Our promotional strategy will involve integrating advertising, events, personal selling, public relations and direct marketing. Internet marketing shall also be undertaken extensively. The common bond will be the appreciation of a good-quality traditionally brewed beer.. (Man I think I might need to crack open one right now. Hold tight I will be back in a moment..)
Our objectives will revolve around the following guiding principles:
- Provision of a great work environment, treating each other with respect and dignity.
- Apply high-quality standards of excellence to all business processes.
- Develop enthusiastically-satisfied customers all of the time.
- Contribute positively to our communities and our environment.
- To continuously formalize and measure cross-functional working communication so as to ensure that the various departments work harmoniously towards attainment of company objectives.
- To instill a culture of continuous improvement in beating standards of customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Fully commit to supporting growth and development in the economy.
Ultimately we intend to create a stable business platform that will create prosperity for all those involved in the business venture at all levels, and to uplift Boise Citizens who are prepared to participate in this venture.
Black Bird Brewing Co intends to create a pleasant, enjoyable and sociable environment through the provision of refreshing high-quality brews. Hence we intend to assist in the creation of a welcoming and relaxed ambiance reflective of people enjoying themselves. We are sensitive to the taste, look and feel of good beer, as well as affordable prices depending on the market. We intend to provide the best possible value to our customers who care about quality products at affordable prices, and we want every dollar spent on our products to be well spent. Hence our value proposition is to sell the benefit of refreshing beer to our various consumers at reasonable prices.
Internally we intend to create and nurture a healthy, creative, respectful and enjoyable office and production floor environment. In addition follow-up will be mandatory so as to ensure customer satisfaction and make any improvements as recommended by the customers in the future. We seek a fair and responsible profit, enough to keep the company financially healthy for the short and long term, and to fairly compensate owners and investors for the money and risk.
Our mission is to carefully attend to detail in the hygiene in all our brews, and to uphold superb quality at all levels of production. To satisfy all our customers and stakeholders. Black Bird Brewing Co is a start-up company aiming to provide high quality beverages in the local Boise market.
Listing of our goals for equipment. This listing is pretty detailed and out lines the needs to be up and running, while still being able to make a profit. (no shipping and handling fees have been calculated in to this total)
- PsycoBrew LLC 2 Barrel System.
- System price $7,145.00 with Kettles
- Kettle Sizes - 65/75
- Tankless water heater for strike water and sparge water
- Electronic control panel with PID controls
- 200k btu boil burner
- 100k btu electronic mash burner
- 1-pump for recirculating and transfering
- Hoses and tri-clamps
- Powder coated steel frame
- Heavy duty stainless steel burnner top
- Fully automated swiveling control panel
- Automated electronic gas valves for HLT and Mash burners
- Propane or Natural gas
- 2 March 809 recirculating pump
- -Fermenters-4x 4BBL fermenters
- All Stainless steel 304 with dome top and conical
- bottom,with dimple jacketed and insulation, fully
- welded exterior,
- 2 cooling zones
- -Bright Tanks-
- 2 4BBL Bight Tanks
- All Stainless steel 304 with dome top and dish
- bottom,with dimple jacketed and insulation,
- fully welded exterior,2 cooling zones;
- Thickness: inner shell=2.5mm;
- dimple jacketed=1.5mm;
- PU Foam insulation=50mm;
- out shell=1.5mm.
- 1.Relief valve(30psi)
- 2.CIP ball
- 3.Outlet with butterfly valve;
- 4.Pressure gauge
- 5.Carbonation stone
- 6.Sample valve(Tri-clamp type)
- 7.Side Manway
- 9.Round legs,with adjustable feet
- 10.Inner surface:Mirror polishing,Out surface:2B
- -Keg washing Station- Priemer Stainless
- Two Station Manual Keg Washer
Manually loaded and operated keg rinser, washer, sanitizer. Designed to clean up to 20 kegs per hour. Easy to use manifold provides optimum cleaning flexibility and operator efficiency. The extremely compact design allows brewpubs of all sizes to fit one into their existing space.
- Specifications / Utilities:
- • Approximate dimensions - 24” D x 34” W x 48” keg height
- • Electrical – 208/230/240 Volts, 60 Hz, 12 Amp, 3 phase
- • Water – 20 GPM supply @ 50-60 PSI
- • Air – High flow regulator, 8-12 CFM @ 40 PSI
- • CO2 – High flow regulator, 8 -12 CFM @ 20 PSI
- • Cleaners – low foaming caustic, suitable non-rinse sanitizers
- Total: $6,950.00
- -Walkin Cooler-
- Main Keg Storage Walk in.
- 2x NorLake KLB771012-C Kold Locker
- Kold Locker,Indoor +35?F Cooler, 10'x 12'x 7'-7''H, w/floor, 26 ga embossed
- coated steel int'r & ext'r finish, self-closing door, locking deadbolt handle,
- Capsule-Pak ceiling mt., 1hp, 208-230/60/1
- Total: $18,268.00
- Brewhouse Total : $59,677.00 (we are looking to raise as much as we can get because the grand total to set this ship a sail, is more then the total proposed. This total is for the majority of the equipment alone..)
Note: If we don't get 100% funded, we get nothing! None of the pledges come out of your accounts until we reach 100%, so please help us spread the word about our nano brewery!
1. CREATE a Kickstarter account: all it takes is an email address.
2. SIGN IN at Amazon.com - if you already have an account, you're all set. If not it only takes a moment.
3. PLEDGE what you are comfortable giving. We appreciate every dollar. If you find yourself wanting to help but unable to donate you can skip to the next step to help us spread the word. Your card will only be charged should we reach our full goal.
4. SHARE this with your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and whoever else crosses your path! Let everyone know you are a backer of BlackBird Brewing Co. Once again thanks, thanks, and more thanks to all our backers......
The Black Bird Brewing Co. Looks forward to the future, and the great spirit of the entrepreneurial mind set to make this dream a reality.
Much Love to all from
Shane Gibbs and Terry Smith of the BlackBird Brewing Co......
Risks and challenges
The main risk involved with this campaign , is that if the total goal is not raised. We get no funds at all, and I will be forced to brew out of my garage 'FOREVER' hehehehe....Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)