About this project
Why does JbirdCollective exist?
It started with a need that eventually led to the question—"why aren't men's carry goods as diverse as their lifestyles?" Most bags are designed for a singular purpose-work, gym, travel, or adventure. I realized there was an opportunity to create a bag versatile enough to accommodate the changing aspects of the day. Not only that, but do it with style by combining a balance of heritage materials with tech features. Since I couldn't find a bag that met all my requirements, I decided to create my own.
What makes Jbird Collective different?
Jbird Collective was built to be versatile and durable–and to work in a variety of situations. Sure, I could have made my products cheaper by using generic material and hardware. And sure, 95% of people will probably never need a buckle with a 2000lb weight rating, or such a durable liner when the shell material is already so strong. But I designed this collection for the other 5%. These products were created to last a lifetime.
Why should you invest in Jbird Collective?
From the beginning I decided if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. So I set out to design products with integrity, and refused to compromise quality at any point.
I knew I couldn't compete against the larger companies making cheaper, higher volume bags overseas. But where I can beat them is building the highest quality, low volume pieces that are meticulous scrutinized from the first sketch to the packaging they will be shipped in.
After years of designing, months of developing, and numerous prototypes, I am very happy to unveil Jbird Collectives first product line. The final samples have spent the past few months out in the field, and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
—These products are built to last with a Lifetime Guarantee
—Are classically designed to last forever, while also maintaining a fresh style.
What does a collection designed out of passion with the highest quality materials look like?
THE RESIN COLLECTION
A three piece, modular collection consisting of the TechPack Backpack, the Bloke Briefcase, and the Kilo carryall.
What makes this collection special?
All three pieces share material DNA.
-The Chassis are made of Waxed Canvas, the original water-repellent material. It's created by infusing cotton canvas with Martexin Wax–a company who has been manufacturing waxed canvas in the U.S. since 1838. This material is resistant against the elements and will build character as it patinas over time.
-The full grain leather trim is sourced domestically from a tannery in Texas.
-The liners are made of 1000d Cordura lining, a material so durable many premium brands use it as the shell material on their bags.
- Every liner is red to make it easy to find anything buried deep in the pockets.
- All the hardware is Mil-spec, meaning they were originally developed for the military. The metal components have been tested in the most extreme conditions and will perform better and last longer then traditional plastic hardware.
Jbird Collective products will be produced domestically to ensure control over all stages of manufacturing from the sourcing to on time delivery.
Jbird Collective Accessories-
Made from vegetable tanned leather blended with metal, mil-spec hardware to create a new style of American craftsmanship. Each accessory is proudly handcrafted in Portland, OR.
I’m offering a limited production release at a pre-production price.
With your support we will be able to order the materials, fill the first orders, and begin production right here in the Pacific Northwest.
Risks and challenges
Jbird Collective has spent a great deal of time preparing for every foreseeable challenge. With years of experience dealing with production I know what to expect. As soon as funding is reached we will order the necessary materials and pay for the tooling to create each product. There is always a risk that a necessary component could be on back order and potentially push back delivery dates. As of now all necessary parts are available and in stock. I have reached out to multiple suppliers and limited the number of units produced to ensure that every product in the Jbird Collective line will be delivered on time with the highest quality.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)