bloomzoom was born.
Stefanie started bloomzoom with a passion for literacy and a belief that reading opens the door to success. As a 1st grade teacher and educator for 31 years, she had to make reading fun. Beginning with ziplock packets and hand made puzzles, she developed a complete leveled literacy system that made kids excited about reading.
The packets quickly became a hit. Kids couldn't wait to read the story and play the games. Parents couldn't believe they had so much fun reading with their children. Realizing ziplocks and laminations get worn out quickly, she decided to make a digital system to impact more children.
What we need.
bloomzoom is raising funds to launch our app, Spider's Lunch. We need $5000 to launch. We have completed 70% of the app, but need your help with the remaining 30%. These funds will go towards finishing animation, and 2 more learning games in Spider's Lunch. A teacher's salary only goes so far!
Why bloomzoom is different?
bloomzoom is a complete leveled literacy system that increases children’s reading skills by encompassing the 5 major components of literacy. Each of the activities matches the appropriate reading skills to the story. More importantly, it makes reading fun.
Spider's Lunch is just the beginning. We have 4 more apps, each at various levels, just waiting for their digital debut. $5000 launches Spider's Lunch, but anything over launches our next app!
What impact does bloomzoom have?
bloomzoom was developed using techniques proven in the classroom. These methods created reading success in a wide range of students—from gifted to autistic and ADHD. Reading is the foundation for every child’s future and opens the door to the rest of their lives.
Every subject a child encounters involves reading. Without strong reading skills, children may fall behind in math, history or even science. Children who are poor readers in the 1st grade have an 88% probability of being poor readers in 4th grade. High achieving students read for fun everyday.
Buy bloomzoom. Zoom your child to reading success!
Risks and challenges
Our risk is an incomplete set of apps. We want to take kids from the first bloomzoom level to the last. With your help we can launch Spider's Lunch and begin development on the next app. We have 4 more apps, each at various levels, just waiting to be unveiled.
Another risk is submitting the app to the app store. Apple is notorious for delaying or drawing out the approval process. We have a team that has successfully submitted many apps so we are we are confident that we can tackle challenges that may arise.
We need your help! Get on board and help bloomzoom. Zoom children everywhere to reading success!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)