About this project
New Video answering questions and concerns about the Quikdraw
The Quikdraw - Enabling photographers to fulfill their creative vision
The Quikdraw is an innovative lens holster for photographers on the go. The same twist-and-lock motion as your camera is used to securely store lenses at the hip for instant accessibility.
The Quikdraw fits on any standard-sized belt, securely holding any Canon EOS or Nikon F mount lens. Developed with serious photographers in mind but you don't need to be a pro to use it. If you have ever attached a lens to a camera you can use Quikdraw.
Stop fumbling with your gear and effortlessly transition between your glass to capture the perfect photo every time. Hang on to your camera and change glass with one hand!
With Quikdraw, your glass is at your fingertips.
Quikdraw loves your lenses. We would never hurt your glass!
Here's how the Quikdraw secures your lenses -
The quikdraw has 4 states:
State 1: Load or unload lens. This is the ONLY state the lens can be engaged or disengaged. Quikdraw is locked in the up position and cannot transition to the down position.
State 2: Quikdraw is able to transition to the down position. The lens cannot be removed in this state.
State 3: Lens locked in place and totally secure. A hard stop keeps the lens locked in the bayonet mount.
State 4: Quikdraw is locked in down position. Everything else about state 4 is the same as state 3.
ADDITIONAL SAFE GAURD: There is no way the Quikdraw can go from the up-locked to any other state unless the lens is %100 engaged in the bayonet mount. A lens will never be "half way" inserted into the Quikdraw. It's all or nothing.
Two Ways To Transition Quikdraw:
1: Use a lens to manipulate the mechanism
2: Use your hand on the outside edge of the top cap. This is convenient if you do not want to leave an empty Quikdraw in the up position. Rotate the top cap to state 2 and Quikdraw will move to the down-unlocked state.
- Compatibility: Canon EOS or Nikon F mount lens with a maximum diameter < or = 3.6" or 91.5mm
- Made from aircraft aluminum and high strength precision molded plastic.
- The production version will have alignment marks which will be aligned in state 1.
- Hard anodized (all black) for durability
- Use any belt with a thickness between .75" and 1.75". NOTE: must be open-ended or the buckle removable at one end.
- A single Quikdraw can hold over 20lbs.
Get your very own Quikdraw now!
When you back this project you are funding the creation of a very useful product. Our goal is the creation of a new company and future products based off the Quikdraw. With your help we can accelerate the development of the Quikdraw and turn these prototypes into products.
With your pledge you will be supporting the following efforts:
- Tooling and hard molds for a production run.
- The design of the Nikon version. (already in process)
- More extensive testing to ensure a quality product
- Funding the first production run! Whooohoooo!
Is the Quikdraw easy to use?
Yup, it's super easy! The Quikdraw uses that same mechanical connection that your camera uses. If you have ever attached a lens to a camera, you are ready to use the Quikdraw.
- Step one - Get your glass out of your bag and get it ready for action!
- Step two - Strap on your Quikdraw belt and load your glass. To load your lenses first make sure your Quikdraw is in the upright locked position (the new alignment marks will help with this). Once the lens is in the bayonet mount and you need is a simple twist of the wrist
- Step three - Go rock your shoot with all your glass around your waist.
Use the Quikdraw Rather than digging through bags - With the Quikdraw all of your glass is ready to be deployed.
- The Quikdraw is fool proof. Once you insert a lens and rotate it more that 5 degrees it's secure. It's impossible for the lens to become disengaged in the down position.
- The Quikdraw keeps your lenses in the ready state - Lens cap and back cap off with the light hood attached.
- With the Quikdraw your next lens change is within arms reach. Just reach down and grab the lens you want.
- Change glass within 5 seconds and unleash your creativity.
- Leave your backup camera in your bag and retain all your camera settings.
- Keep the back element of your lenses clean and dust free.
- Show your glass off! Camera envy now gives way to lens envy.
Pledge now and get yours!
Support this project
- (40 days)