We want to educate & entertain with a documentary to each European county and showcase Europe through the eyes of young adults.
You will be able to follow us in our project every step of the way via written articles, photoessays, and 3 categories of vlogs (video blogs, guys) at www.uncoveringdiscovery.com.
Our project starts in Germany where we will board the Euro-rail and and travel Europe for four months. We will be stopping in each country and documenting what we find in an informative yet eccentric web series. Each country will get it’s own professionally compiled and edited webisode featuring:
- practical travel tips
- country specific cultural facts (and some random fun factoids)
- entertaining clips of community and musical interaction
- daily life in the train and abroad
- Europe through the eyes of young adults in general.
Our age, outlook, and personality will shine through in this captivating series of webisodes (and final documentary), sure to be unlike any travel compilation you've ever seen before.
The three categories of videos mentioned earlier will appeal to everyone.
- Adventure- will be the day to day footage. It's the 'reality show' of it all, if you will. Life on the train, in the streets, meeting new people, hostels, couch surfing, getting lost, everything is fair game. We will be pushed out of our comfort zone and breaking boundaries we probably don't even know exist in this portion of our project.
- Education- will be showcasing the extraordinary scenery, architecture, people, cultural differences, and history we find. This is also your brief travel lesson so you may compare the countries to decipher where you might want to visit! You'll learn of the different, weird, or captivating side of each country as we reveal the not-so-common destinations!
- Musical- some special backers will receive their very own song/music video posted on our channel, but we aren't stopping there. We will be scouring the streets for local talent while abroad and creating music with them on the fly to share with everybody back home. Don't worry, we will find the most intriguing artists to connect with. Diggie has an eye for that sort of thing.
We are Uncovering Discovery! It's living without bounds. It's going after what you want. It's positive, forward motion. We want to guide independent and purposeful learners in considering destinations off the "beaten path." Connecting on a global scale is essential for some career paths and is beneficial to all people. We aim to inspire and aid this new generation of travelers to make the most of their international experience. We are broadening our cultural horizons while at the same time delivering what we find back to you to help with your own discovery project!
Be a part of the journey...
- Help us out! Please? You can help in many ways: 'like' Uncovering Discovery on Facebook here: facebook.com/uncoveringdiscovery and share it with your friends, mother, brother, teacher, your sister's dad's best friend...all of those people must know to be able to pull this off! PLEASE share this Kickstarter page on any social media you're using so it may reach as many eyes possible. The eyes we know aren't necessarily the eyes that you know. It's a good deed and takes 7 seconds on average; pay it forward:D
- Know of something in Europe that is a must see? Mention it in your backer pledge and we will document it, within reason.
- Been there? Share your own tips, tricks, or free attractions! We look forward to your input!
- Have a friend over there? We'd love to connect. This will allow us to incorporate their local perspective and let us enjoy a cup of coffee with a native we can learn from. We love the unlimited possibilities that come along with meeting new people.
1.) What am I paying for by pledging? 100% of the money we receive will be going to transportation alone. Anything we get over our goal will be able to offset the cost of food and living in general.
2.) Why are you doing this and how are you getting by without paying for equipment/crew costs? This project is something we both feel very passionately about and are willing to put all the work into it without monetary compensation. We are our own crew. The experience pays for itself and packaging up this information for you is something we look forward to.
3.) Are you two dating? NO! that would never be an option. We each have something unique to bring to table for this project which is why we make the perfect team. And there's only a crew of two to save on production costs.
4.) Where are you going exactly? We will be uncovering discovery in Germany, Poland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Croatia, France, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, Austria, Romania, Greece, and more!!
5.) What do I get out of this? Well, besides the awesome prizes we are hooking you up with, you'll be filling your brain with knowledge in a fun and interactive way (we are down to take suggestions, questions, and even reasonable, non-harmful dares while abroad) while at the same time making mental notes of a particular country you may want to visit. Having us hit the main points and brushing the surface of each individual country is more interesting than just Googling "countries to visit in Europe." By means of these videos, we will be delivering to you an accurate visual and a more intimate feel to how it looks across the pond (as we see it, anyways!).
"For some of us it's time to own up, step up, and do what success requires. It's that complex and that simple. We've read enough. Thought enough. Talked enough. Planned enough. Avoided enough. Hoped enough. Intended enough. Waited enough. Now it's time to do enough." -Craig Harper
Help us make this possible and this information will be available for years to come for an incredible amount of perspective travelers, students, backpackers, vacationers, and MORE!
Check out our train route below.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
A digital high five and download of our first webisode of the series, delivered to backers before anyone else and of course you can follow our progress before, during, and after this endeavor!!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
A huge thank you AND your name listed in the "Project Possible because of..." credits on the website. (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
A handwritten thank you card with a fun picture we draw or paint for you; we aren't artists but I promise it'll be good! (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
You get an Uncovering Discovery T-Shirt (pictured on the left) and a digital download of the final DVD (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
A personalized thank you post card from abroad, your name listed on the end credits in the final Documentary DVD, and a special edition hard copy DVD of the completed film, including bonus features exclusively for this level of Kickstarter backers. (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
A professional 8X11 photo-book of all the European countries we visit. This will include dozens of pictures from Diggie's photography abroad.PLUS another 'Uncovering Discovery' or 'Project Discovery' T-Shirt (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
A Private 30 minute performance, interview, or tour of our town. Whichever you're into. We will get on Skype and see what happens! Good for local and long distance pledges. (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
Be a feature discoverer! Get your picture and bio as well as any links you would like to be affiliated proudly posted on our site! Perfect for fellow bloggers, businesses, or super rad folks (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $400 or moreYou selected
A personalized music video we will write, record, edit, and post for you on our Facebook and website: choose a topic or allow us to freestyle. Filmed and recorded in one of our European destinations of your choice! (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
5 glossy or canvased 8X10's of your choice from Diggie's photography abroad; and a souvenir from abroad! (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
Associate producer: your name will be proudly displayed in the opening credits on the final DVD and on our YouTube Channel. We will make a shirt with your face on it and wear it overseas and on film (probably multiple times due to limited packing space)! (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,500 or moreYou selected
A pass for you and two friends to our DVD launch party at a secret location to meet those involved with the film making! (transportation not included) Cookies and milk WILL be provided, we know that was your first question. (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
One of the ukuleles from our trip filled with love & an oversized canvas picture of your choice from one of the photos taken overseas. Hang both on the wall for a mini European shrine. (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $3,000 or moreYou selected
Executive producer: your name will be labeled as such in the opening credits of the documentary, mention you about a million times in our travels, and find you something ridiculously amazing in the country of your choice. (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
WEEKEND GETAWAY: Go on a date with Diggie if you are so inclined... or just shoot a short video with/by him of your choosing: music, short story, documentary, etc (transportation within US and local lodging included) PLUS a photo-shoot for you and a friend for a day. The date is actually a way higher value so we are already cutting you a huge break here;) You'll also be mentioned as the 'founding patron' on the DVD, within the series, and on the website! (plus previous rewards)Estimated delivery:
- (45 days)