101Hero: 3D Printing For Everyone
Our mission is to give everyone the chance to dream, design and create. Unleash your creativity and bring your ideas to life! 101Hero makes 3D printing easy and fun for youngsters, students and professionals alike.
As the most affordable 3D printer in the world the 101Hero is accessible for everyone. Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply insert the memory card, press the button, and watch your custom creations form right before your eyes.
Creativity is no longer limited to experts using complicated software and expensive printers. Now anyone can learn, imagine and print.
How Easy is 101Hero?
- Using the Consumer Version (CV) 3D printing is as easy as inserting an SD card with a design file on it and pressing a button. Your creation begins to print.
- No connection to computer is needed, simply plug the 101Hero into a power source, insert memory card and go!
- The 101Hero includes custom color filament and set-up is simple. You will be 3D printing in minutes.
- Download 3D designs from the 101Hero website or create your own. You are limited only by your imagination.
- 101Hero’s small, lightweight size makes it perfect for the home, classroom or business.
- For advanced designs the Designer and Developer Version (DV) can connect to a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer to create and print directly using free open-source software.
What can I make with 101Hero 3D Printer?
Just about anything! 101Hero can create single or multi-part 3D objects for endless creative possibilities including:
- 3D shapes and 3D models
- Toys, gifts, jewellery, pendants and ornaments
- Decorative art and fridge magnets
- Personalised everyday objects (iPhone cases, pens, and more!)
- Accessories for Lego and other popular toys
- Robotics and Chess pieces
- Useful household solutions
- Arts and crafts
- Replacement machine components
- Classroom and lab pieces
And much, much more…
Everyone is a Maker
We designed 101Hero to be easy for anyone to use. It’s a great way to inspire creativity and curiosity in children at home or in the classroom. Use it to make toys, gifts, art and useful solutions for the home.
Using the 101Hero Consumer Version (CV) simply download designs from our website onto a memory card and create directly using only the printer. With the CV version anyone can 3D print in minutes.
101Hero Grows with You
From simple downloadable projects to fully custom 3D models the 101Hero can grow with you as your journey of creativity progresses. Our Designer & Developer Version (DV) is USB connectable and can be used with any Windows, Mac, or Linux based computer and supports open-source software such as Slic3r or Cura for advanced users. Simply load the 101Hero setting file and generate a custom G-code file for the printer.
101Hero 3D Printer Working Video (move down)
For those who are interested to see a demonstration of a printing project from start to finish we have included this long form video. It’s a chance to see the 101Hero in action from the first press of the button to the end result.
The finished design that was printed in the video above is a tiered Pyramid with a base size area of only 3 cm squared.
To get an idea of scale and detail here is the Hexagon that 101Hero printed for our introduction video.
Material & Filament options
You can use PLA, HIPS or ABS, as well as our custom 101Hero filament spools or other standard 1.75 mm filament spools available on the market.
Consumer Version (CV):
- Printer Form factor: Polygon
- Weight: Approximately 3.9 lbs. (1.8 kg)
- Print size: Height 100mm (3.93") Base Print Area φ150mm (5.9")
- Print materials: ABS, PLA, Nylon, and others
- Filament: Standard 1.75mm rolls supported
- Removable Print Bed
- Resolution: 50-350 micron layer
- Positioning accuracy: 150 micron X and Y
- User Interface: 101Hero SD Card mode for an effortless, plug-and-play experience using lab-tested and print ready G-code files from our website.
- Printer Form factor: Polygon
- All features of 101Hero 3D Printer Consumer Version (CV)
- Can also be used with any Windows, Mac, or Linux based computer
- Compatible with USB connection or SD Card
- Supports open-source software such as Slic3r or Cura (for advanced users)
- CV - Consumer Version (Only Memory Card Mode supported, Beginner user recommended)
- DV - Designer & Developer Version (Both Memory Card Mode & USB Connection Mode supported, supports open-source software and self-designed models, recommended for advanced users)
101Hero 3D Printer Production Time Line
Who are we?
Risks and challenges
We've been working on 101Hero for over 2 years and had initially intended to launch in December 2014. We held back so that we could ensure the prototype worked perfectly (check out the video, it does!) and so that we could prepare the plastic injection molds. Now that we are confident that we can deliver the high quality that we demand, we have launched our campaign.
The risks inherent in volume manufacturing are real and we’ve taken every precaution to prepare for and actively address them should they arise. With the support of our manufacturing and distribution partners we are well equipped for the challenges ahead. We promise to maintain transparency and to keep our backers updated and informed about any issues that may arise and our solutions to such.
Our passion and mission is to deliver the best possible 101Hero Mini 3D Printer into your hands ASAP. So please go back to the top of the page and support us with a pledge now.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)