A NATIONWIDE MOVEMENT UNITING ALL HANDS & INSPIRING LOVE FOR MUSIC
Moments to Remember
When people ask us what we do and why we do what we do, we are always hard for words. We can say what we'll say below....and that is, that we make music fun and accessible for a lot of people. And we do. We can also say we change people's lives through music. And we do. But our real doing, is sharing moments with amazing human beings that we will always remember.
Too many times in life, we hear how stupid we are, how bad we are at something, and how ashamed we should be. Especially when it comes to music. Our interactions with the people we meet, are to counteract these wrongdoings - and give people a stage to succeed and shine on. Music just happens to be our vehicle to do that.
Here are some moments we remember and we hope to create many, many more with your help.
Hands DC - September 2015
Hands Denver - August 2015
Hands Utica - July 2015
Hands Cambridge - July 2015
Hands in a Nutshell
Hands began in Boston, MA in 2014, when fifty people were spontaneously asked to learn and play a part of an original song. These brave participants of all different ages, skill levels, backgrounds, and walks of life rose to the occasion. They momentarily set aside their fears, inhibitions, and preconceived notions to find the music inside of them, and in turn contribute to something much larger than themselves.
Together their hands united to play one piece in its entirety and in doing so they proved one simple, beautiful, and ever-necessary concept: There is no such thing as a musician or non-musician, too late or too early, or any amount of inadequacy or inexperience that can stop us from feeling the happiness of making music as human beings.
Why Hands Needs Your Support
By BACKING & SHARING the #HandsKickstarter you are actively:
1) Giving more people the chance to make music a part of their lives by helping the Hands Team travel to more communities & share the gift of making music.
2) Inspiring human happiness and connection that make the world a better place & WILL come back to you.
3) Saying YES to being given a chance (and giving others a chance) to SUCCEED and realize UNDISCOVERED POTENTIAL.
4) Strengthening the music education sector as well as local economies as a whole.
How We Will Use $10K to Continue to Change People's Lives Through Music
WITH YOUR HELP, The Hands Movement will continue to grow stronger - affecting countless more lives through music. With $10K, the team plans to:
1) Finish our 2015 tour STRONG by traveling to a minimum of two more communities to run Hands Events. (Expected Cost $5K)
2) Get current Hands content COMPLETED & in front of as MANY EYES as possible to FURTHER the impact of the isolated events. The more people who see what we are doing, the more people who will be INSPIRED to take action & join forces for the better. (Expected Cost: $2K)
3) Invest in YOU (our AMAZING backers & participants) by creating & buying AWESOME merchandise for you to have as a THANK YOU for supporting us! (Expected Cost: $2K)
4) Continue to build an OUTSTANDING Team & show some love to the people who are making all of this possible on their own time and dime (i.e - our amazing videographers, editors, partners, sponsors, and more!) (Expected Cost: $1K)
How to Help
1) DONATE! Become a #HandsBacker & help us reach our goal of $10K by donating anything, big or small!
2) SHARE OUR STORY! Become a #HandsSupporter by sharing our story with YOUR WORLD. Sharing is simple & easy and means SO much to us!
3) CONNECT! Become a #HandsFriend by connecting with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
For helping us reach our goal.
Music should be accessible and enjoyable for everyone. And through the Hands Movement – we can make this possible.
See you on the front lines,
-The Hands Team
Risks and challenges
Due to the potential of a high volume of contributions, coupled with seasonal restrictions in certain locations - we maybe unable to fit all Hands events in the 2015 year. But we PROMISE to run any we are unable to schedule in the 2015 year, in 2016.
Should the Hands team fall behind in fulfilling any rewards (whether due to a backup or delay in production) - we will be in contact with you to arrange for the best solution.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)