Posting is done! Anyone want colour PoD?
Just a moment ago I sent the last of the emails through RPGNow to all those Backers whose tier covered the PDF and/or PoD versions of the Core Rules.
Possible problems - Possible solutions
That said, based on previous experience with RPGNow's complimentary copy email tool there will be problems ... either because it is, in itself, quirky (to say the least!), or, equally, because I managed to stuff things up (usually in a minor key) because it's quirky. So ...
- Some email programs simply do not like the format of RPGNow's emails and will not allow double clicking of the Codes in the email to take you automagically to the appropriate web-page with the discounts already included. What you need to do is to cut and paste the codes into your browser. This has worked 100% of the time in the past ... but you need to be careful you've cut and pasted the whole code and nothing but the code (blank spaces cause the same problems as missed symbols-letters)
- Some of you may receive more than one email for each of the PDF and the PoD books ... if you do, either use or ignore as you see fit.
- Some of you may not receive an email at all, or may only receive one for either the PDF or the PoD but not both (if you've paid for that) ... first, check your Spam filter carefully to see if the email went there, if it didn't, then email me at email@example.com and I will send a repeat email.
Colour Print on Demand
Since there's really nothing in the book that cries out for a need for colour, I only did a B&W Print on Demand version.
At least one Backer has expressed a possible desire to have a colour option.
I am amenable to doing this, but there are issues that need to be considered -
- It would cost roughly 50% more for standard colour, which RPGNow doesn't recommend any more ... though I find it perfectly acceptable ... as it prints as slightly washed out and on the thin paper that they use for B&W PoD.
- For premium heavyweight it would cost at least triple, probably more. The colour repro is better, and the paper is heavier stock ... but, frankly, there's nothing in the book that cries out for this level.
- IF I were to do it, it would be one or the other of the above.
- IF I were to do it, the approvals process is unlikely to be complete (assume at least three weeks, possibly a month) before the deadline for Xmas delivery of the final product ...
Please respond to this thread if you desperately want a colour PoD option (and note if you'll settle for standard colour if you want premium heavyweight) ... and indicate which level you'd prefer ... if there are at least ten Backers who want colour I'll do it ...