JUJU Brings Creativity and Design To Your Mobile Phone
JUJU Brings Creativity and Design To Your Mobile Phone
JUJU gives you the power to design and share visual creations in your world easily. Messaging just got a lot more fun.
JUJU gives you the power to design and share visual creations in your world easily. Messaging just got a lot more fun. Read more
Real art, real expression, real easy! JUJU aims to put the play, the beauty and the power of visual design in the palm of your hand, allowing you to create visual and emotive messages, and make the world brighter, one JUJU at a time.
Heres the problem and why we are the solution. Problem: In messaging there is a lot of misinterpretation as there is no emotional context or tone. Solution: As we all know " A picture is worth a thousand words" and thats where JUJU comes in; it gives you a fun way to communicate more clearly.
Do you believe in expression, creativity and artists?
Through the years I have found that a lot of people believe they are not creative, but this is simply not true (its impossible)! the power of creativity is inside all of us whether we know it or not! I have been a working artist for 20 years and JUJU came from three inspirations:
1. To uncover the playful, creative imagination in everyone. Because if you are alive (which I am assuming you are) you have something to express.
2. To allow people to easily share their creations, gifting their loved ones with beauty and positivity.
3. To create something that showcases and highlights artists from around the world, supporting both known and soon-to-be-discovered artists, so they can keep creating beautiful and inspiring art. (YAY!)
These aspirations merged and evolved into JUJU with the help of a solid passionate group of Oregon artists, designers, and programmers. Our vision is now a reality!
Anyone can download JUJU for free in the App Store and easily create art or a visual message on your iPhone or iPad. Send a birthday JUJU to your friend, your lover, your grandmother, your child! Send it in an iMessage, post it on Facebook, or print it out and send it as a postcard.
Your creation, your message, your love! How cool is that?!
JUJU is in its early stages. We have already licensed more than 40 amazing artists, designers and architects. We then post-produce their art in a format that makes it simple to build your own JUJU. There is not another place (at least that we can find!) where you can mash up several artists in one creation. You're like a DJ in the arts for sure. It's a one of kind.
What the iTunes store did for music, JUJU aims to do for art.
Some of our talented artists have drawn for globally known comic books and cartoons. Other artists are up-and-coming. All of them have submitted gorgeous, playful, and wildly creative work for you to play and create with.
We also have a teen program called "Get Kids in the Arts". Teens can submit their art monthly with a chance to become a featured JUJU artist, sharing their art and making royalties -- wave bye-bye to that barista gig! In fact, one of our teens had a best selling pack in the first month of JUJU. Incredible, right?
In a world where art is the first to fall during budget cuts, and artists sometimes have to choose between buying dinner or buying paint, JUJU has arrived to bring art to our fingertips and into our hearts, and to provide the support our artists need to keep creating.
It's up to us to keep the arts thriving in our culture and in our hearts; this is a vital necessity for keeping our culture healthy, creative and alive.
Now, here's the thing: we have worked really hard this last year to get JUJU up and running. But we need your help to add next level features -- features that will ensure our children see this program at their schools, that many more talented artists can be added to our library and start earning revenue for their work, and that JUJU can make an impact on a global scale.
Here's what our faithful beginner users are asking for and what we see as our next steps ...
1. Create a world feed so people can share their soulful creations with a global audience, creating a network/platform for like-minded, creative people enabling them to view and interact with each other's creations and events in the art world.
2. Design a powerful search engine to accommodate a library of thousands of artists. Our goal is to have at least 1,000 artists in our library within our first year. You can help us get there! Without a search function, our library is reaching capacity and it's not efficient for users to find all the great artwork available within JUJU.
3. Expand to the Android OS so that many more people can have access to creating fun visual expressions through JUJU, because art is for everyone!
After we accomplish these three goals, we will be able offer JUJU to schools with a small monthly membership fee, allowing access to all of the JUJU art. Kids can create everything from art prints to iPad covers to visual expressions that accompany their writing assignments. JUJU helps make art accessible and relevant to kids, sparking an interest in learning more about the arts.
Would you rather learn about Van Gogh and Andy Warhol because you read about them in a text book, or because you played and co-created with their artwork?
1. You have a new and richer way to visually express your emotions.
2. You can share your creations and make someone's life brighter…(JUJU is the 21st Century's answer to the greeting card!) Send a birthday JUJU, send a "you rock my world" JUJU.....through text messaging or social media.
3. You can design and send your very own postcard through snail mail!
4. You can have the best wallpaper ever.
5. It’s like tech doodling. It's fun just to mess around.
6. You learn about tons of artists who are creating in our world today. We have their websites listed for you to check out even more about them.
7. If you choose to back JUJU on Kickstarter, you can call yourself a "supporter of the arts"!
8. You'll help kids to have easy access to art and just maybe foster a break from the gaming world. (We have kids. Ten minutes of JUJU to me makes all the difference. Ask other JUJU parents - kids love it, and we can feel good about it!)
Risks and challenges
Our mobile development team, led by the (in)famous Matt Kern, is well poised to handle the adventures involved with creating a search function and world feed, and bringing JUJU to Android. Unforeseen bugs and OS updates may slow us down, but they'll never stop our trusty developers! We intend to keep our backers informed of our progress and any delays in releasing our updated features.
Any pledge amount brings us closer to our goal so thank you for helping us get there...whether it is backing the project or sharing with your community our campaign we really appreciate it!! Thank you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)