1) Recording and Album Support: We are excited to record these new tracks and share them with you. We are just now putting the finishing touches on this album, and we cannot wait to get these songs out to the world and radio. It takes a lot of money to do this, and we want to make sure we do it the RIGHT way. We have taken the last month and invested a lot in the recoding, and now we have do go through mastering, manufacturing, and promoting this record so that with your support, we can get the word out on the band and the music! The momentum that these songs and this album has is already showing some amazing results, here are the tour dates we have already, with a lot more to come!
- 8/17/13- Scranton, PA @ Montage Mountain - Peach Festival
- 8/31/13 - Troy, OH @ G.O.T.R. Fest w/ Mumford & Sons
- 9/6/13 - Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballroom & Tavern
- 9/7/13- Ferndale, MI @ The Magic Bag w/ Dragon Wagon
- 9/8/13 - Manteno, IL @ Camp Shaw Waw Nas See - Shoe Fest
- 9/9/13 - Bloomington, IN @ Bluebird
- 9/10/13- Columbus, OH @ Woodlands Tavern w/ Blue Moon Soup
- 9/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA w/ Rumpke Mt. Boys & David Gans
- 9/12/13 - Wilkes Barre, PA @ River St. Jazz
- 9/13/13 - Ithaca, NY @ The Haunt
- 9/14/13 - Utica, NY @ Utica Music & Arts Festival
- 9/17/13 - Portland, ME @ Port City Music Hall w/ Leftover Salmon
- 9/18/13 - South Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground w/ Leftover Salmon
- 9/19/13 - Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl - w/ Leftover Salmon
- 10/27/13 - Buffalo, NY @ Town Ballroom - w/ moe.
- 10/28/13 - TBA
- 10/10/13 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ Putnam Den - w/ Keller Williams Solo
- 10/11/13 - New Haven, CT @ Toads Place -w/ Keller Williams Solo
- 10/12/13 - Norfolk, CT @ Infinity Hall - w/ Keller Williams Solo
2) Tour expenses: This is what we do this for folks....we love playing our music live. As you can see above, we have just confirmed a number of shows for the fall, and we cannot wait to see all of you on the road. For the first two years of this project, we have been renting, borrowing and traveling in any way that we could, and the time has come to get a band van so that we can travel together, smell each other, and do all the great things you get to do when you pile 5 guys into a van for a long trip (: We will be able to use this budget to help book the hotel rooms, get the merchandise, and promote the shows the best we can so that we can make every show count.
Risks and challenges
One of the hardest things to do with this project is find free time to do more shows, all of the members of the band are really busy with other projects, but the goal of this Kickstarter is to help get the wheels greased for the future of Floodwood, which we all have a ton of faith and investment in. Your help in getting this ball rolling will help us to create the situation where we can do more with the time we have for Floodwood! Again, playing music for our fans is why we do this, and can't wait to have the tools to do more frequently with YOU!
We are extremely excited to put these songs out there, get out there in front of crowds, and see what magic we can create with Floodwood. There is always the risk that it won't be accepted with open arms, but the love that we have felt so far from all of our loyal fans has made us feel that we are doing something right. We only hope that you continue to support the project as it grows.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)