In 2013, Foam Brain Games was excited to bring metal dice to Kickstarter, and in 2015 we did it again, bringing brand new colors and styles to people across the world. We've shipped thousands of metal dice, pieces of jewelry, shirts and more across the country, and it is with great excitement that we present 'A Fistful of (metal) Cubes,' our brand new dice Kickstarter.
What's New In Metal Dice?
In the last 4 years we've learned tons and tons about the possibilities with metal dice, and in this campaign we're using this to produce a bunch of awesome and creative 6-sided dice. We've broken up the bulk of this campaign into 2 sections: standard 6-sided dice (ones that can be used as a normal die) and specialty dice that are intended for some specific game or purpose. We're also offering two new colors of metal polyhedral sets: Gunmetal with Blue Numbers and Antiqued Silver with Red Numbers
A Fistful of (metal) Cubes
Below are the 6 faces of all of the dice we'll be producing for this campaign. Note that the actual D6s will have somewhat rounded corners (more rounded than the standard D6s from our polyhedral sets)
Standard 6-Sided Dice
Specialty 6-Sided Dice
New Color Metal Sets
Gunmetal (this has white numbers, the new set will have blue numbers)
Antiqued Silver (this has black numbers, the new set will have red numbers)
Risks and challenges
Foam Brain Games has successfully delivered on the 11 Kickstarter projects we've run previously to this one. Last year, we ran into some issues with fufillment on several projects, and we've taken a variety of steps in order to reduce these issues in the future:
1) We've hired a full time office manager to be responsible for shipping and dealing with shipping related issues. Thanks to Kickstarter's new collaboration feature, you'll see her able to post here as Mindy.
2) Mindy taking over shipping has allowed me to spend more time ensuring that project management stays on track.
3) We've redesigned our shipping process to include tracking in every order, higher quality packaging, and involvement of the post office to remove issues with misplaced\misrouted packages.
4) We've changed how we handle backer surveys and information to reduce issues we've had in the past.
5) This campaign only features products from companies we've had success working with in the past - none of the products we intend to make are coming from new sources.
- (8 days)