Thanks for a tremendous Kickstarter campaign!! If you missed us here, don't worry, you can still get a GoFlex-Arm!! Visit www.go-mount.com for more info and to place an order.
Who started this?
My name is Jason and I believe in getting the most out of my GoPro camera. A year ago, my dad and I created the GoClamp so we could mount our GoPro cameras anywhere and now we want to be able to maneuver our cameras in any position with any mount. I am excited to introduce you to the GoFlex-Arm!
What is it?
The GoFlex-Arm is a 6-inch, flexible arm made of extremely durable plastic which will allow you to twist, rotate, bend, and maneuver it so you can point your GoPro camera to any angle and finally get that perfect shot. The GoFlex-Arm has GoPro fittings on both ends so you can easily use it with any and all of your current GoPro mounts and accessories. Check out just some of the possibilities below!
Where did this begin?
Soon after the GoClamp hit the hands of our backers, they began sending us feedback that they wanted to be able to turn and maneuver their cameras into the perfect spot once it was attached and mounted. We took this feedback and began coming up with some ideas for an attachment arm however GoPro beat us to the punch. Their clamp (which came out after ours) came with a flexible arm that seemed to work pretty well, however it did not work with all of our mounts and we wanted a solution. We thought "why doesn't this have the prongs on the ends" thus we designed the GoFlex-Arm to have the correct fittings on both ends which will integrate with every mount!
Our design is simple and we only need three different pieces; a top piece, bottom piece, and a bunch of middle pieces. Here is the sketch from the early days that got us really close to the final design:
We toyed with the idea of a thinner or thicker piece, but felt they were either not strong enough to hold up the camera while being active or it was overkill. So we landed on a one inch wide piece, which is idle for movement, strength, and storage. Here is our final design:
Our prototype was made by one of those new trusty 3-D printers (those things are amazing). For as sturdy and durable as the prototype is, I am beyond confident the real thing will hold up to a beating.
How does it work?
- Step 1: Attach a GoPro camera directly to the GoFlex-Arm using the standard bolt.
- Step 2: Attach the GoFlex-Arm to your mount of choice
- Step 3: Maneuver the camera into it's perfect place.
- Step 4: Record awesome stuff
Why Back Us?
We have a slight advantage, we have been through the post-KickStarter experience before so we know what to expect and how to avoid previous mistakes. Things like shipping and packaging were underestimated in our first project, but now we are setup for success from the beginning and ready to deliver you another awesome product for your GoPro camera!
We have also taken it upon ourselves to choose only Made in America supplies so that we know we can get the product quickly and it will be high quality.
Where are we in the process?
We have submitted our designs to our trusted, local plastics manufacture and they are waiting for us to say the word "go." They told us this will be a quick turnaround and we expect to have them by May 2014. You read that right, May 2014. This will be fast!
If we see the project is going to be successful before the deadline, then we will give our manufacture the go ahead so we can get the GoFlex-Arm to you sooner!
What does the road ahead look like?
- Late February 2014 - Launch KickStarter Project
- Sometime in March 2014 - Reach our funding goal and tell plastics manufacturer to get started with creating the molds
- Late March 2014 - KickStarter Project Ends. Gather Backer shipping information
- Mid to Late April 2014 - Molding complete. First samples of GoFlex-Arm sent to us for quality control. Any revisions/adjustments to be made
- Early May 2014 - Receive final GoFlex-Arms for assembly
- Mid to Late May 2014 - Ship GoFlex-Arms to the best backers in the world!
- Late May 2014 - Take a Breath
So what do you get?
Based on your pledge, we have the following to offer:
- $1 - A virtual hug and thank You
- $5 - One vinyl GoMount sticker
- $15 - Early Bird: One GoFlex-Arm - 100 Available
- $20 - One GoFlex-Arm
- $25 - Early Bird: One loooooooonger GoFlex-Arm. 13 inches to be exact -100 Available
- $30 - One loooooooonger GoFlex-Arm. 13 inches to be exact
- $35 - One GoFlex-Arm and one GoClamp**
**What is a GoClamp? --> The GoClamp is the result of our first KickStarter Project. Basically it is a plastic clamp that will allow you to mount your GoPro camera just about anywhere. Oh, did I mention the GoFlex-Arm and the GoClamp make a perfect pair?!? They go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. See what I mean below.
We want to thank you for even taking the time to view our page and watch our video. And if you are one of the people who pledge some of your hard earned money....I want to truly say THANKS!!
- $12,000 - Every Backer who pledges $15 or more, will receive a GoClamp with their reward or an extra one if you already pledged for a reward that includes one!
Risks and challenges
Every thing we do in life has risks and challenges, however the valuable experience that we gained from our first KickStarter project makes me sleep easy at night and you should too. We have a great relationships with our local manufacturer, the post office, and the late night coffee shop.
Things that would cause a delay to our timeline include: supplier runs out of plastic, a factory fire, a strike by the workers, a natural disaster, some kind of world war, or a Zombie Apocalypse.
Whatever happens, we will work through it and get the job done. Period.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)