I started this project after realizing a previous game I loved to play wasn't coming back online. Luckily, I wasn't the only one interested in a game inspired by that other game and I was able to get a couple of people to help work on the project with me.
The release version is almost complete but I do not have a dedicated machine to run the server on. If funded, the money raised will go towards that machine to run the server on.
This is a Windows application and may be ported to other platforms in a later update.
Currently, the game is in an open-beta stage where anyone is free to hop on and try it out.
For more information, join our Discord: https://discord.gg/qRQjm7x
Or visit https://agos.world for a link to the client and even more information.
Andrew [igufed] - Developer, programmer
Richard [Ceroblitz] - Designer, artist
Zach [Delicious] - Core assets, art direction
This game is intended to be a very simple online rpg. You start out at the far left side of the map and can only go right. Eventually, you will run into some blue pigs who are not too excited you've stepped into their world. You must fight them.
As you progress, you will earn gold, experience points, and with each monster you kill, hopefully obtain items to help you along the way.
- Open world
- Each weapon has its own unique animation and properties
- Every hat is unique in its look and properties
- Player versus Player combat
- Abilities to help boost certain aspects of your character
- Seasonal+random events
- Personal stat system for each character
- Entirely free to play without limitations
Here are a few planned features for future updates:
- Guilds and guild management, Guild versus Guild fights
- Player trading
- Weather system for more unique challenges
- Expanded map with each major update which includes new items and monsters
Current plan for major updates is every 6 months after release.
Plans for release/shortly after if funding exceeds these amounts:
- $5000 - First major update at release (map expansion, new items, guild management)
- $8000 - Second major update within 3 months of release (instead of 1 year)
Risks and challenges
Most of the game has already been developed during 2017 from scratch, and enough content and features have been completed for the game. All that remains is a bit of polish work, and ensuring that gameplay is smooth and fun.
The main challenges involve the community and maintaining server quality for players as time passes on, and ensuring the game is updated for years to come.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)