Who We Are
Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects, with offices in Brooklyn, New York. People use the site to propose projects they’d like to fund, and other users contribute funds to make those projects possible, generally in return for specific rewards.
It’s important to us to protect the privacy of everyone who uses Kickstarter, and to be honest and transparent about the ways we store and work with their data. We try to maintain those values when working with law enforcement and ensuring we comply with the law.
Requests for Information
We can be contacted at:
ATTN: Legal Department
58 Kent Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
How to Make a Request
Any request for information must:
- include the requesting agency’s name, the agent’s name, email and telephone contacts, and a deadline for response
- be properly served, and specify the information sought with sufficient particularity
- clearly identify the information requested, and the relationship between that information and the investigation in question
- include the username or email address of the subject of the request, and the URL(s) of any relevant Kickstarter projects
stem from an order of sufficient legal scope, such as:
- a valid subpoena, as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 2703(c)(2), for certain basic subscriber information (including name and email address)
- a court order issued under 18 USC § 2703(d) for all other non-content user data and records
- a search warrant issued under applicable state or Federal procedures based on a finding of probable cause for the contents of any communication
User notice. We notify users if we receive requests for their information, or if we share their information in response to law enforcement requests.
Cost reimbursement. We may seek reimbursement for reasonable costs undertaken in complying with requests from law enforcement.
Any questions regarding information requests, or our policies regarding them, can be directed to the addresses above.