VP of Product & Design
Kickstarter PBC is seeking a VP of Product & Design to lead, mentor, and develop our product managers and designers.
At Kickstarter, our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We help artists, musicians, filmmakers, designers, and other creators find the resources and support they need to make their ideas a reality. To date, hundreds of thousands of creative projects — big and small — have come to life with the support of the Kickstarter community.
We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. That’s why, in 2015, we became a Benefit Corporation. Benefit Corporations are for-profit companies that are obligated to consider the impact of their decisions on society, not only shareholders. Radically then, positive impact on society has become part of Kickstarter’s legally defined goals.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead, mentor, and support product managers, product designers, and brand designers across the company.
- Partner with executive leadership to create a cohesive experience across our product and our brand identity as a public benefit corporation.
- Develop the competency and behavioral frameworks needed for product managers and designers to excel and advance in their career.
- Work across teams to coordinate, prioritize, and communicate Kickstarter’s product roadmap.
- Work with the Insights team, Community Outreach, and Customer Support to better understand user motivations and integrate those findings into the product and brand experience.
- You have deep experience leading, managing, and mentoring a team of product managers, product designers, and brand designers, especially within a cross-functional environment.
- You have extensive, demonstrated experience creating a unified identity across a company’s product and brand.
- You have demonstrated experience prioritizing and aligning a product’s roadmap to both outcomes and organizational mission.
- You have demonstrated experience integrating design-thinking methodology with product development and design.
- You empathize with creators and backers and recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
- Bonus: You are a practicing creative or have backed or launched Kickstarter projects in the past.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.