VP of People
Nearly 11 years into our mission to help bring creative projects to life, Kickstarter has grown from a tiny crew of early believers to 150+ renowned engineers, designers, community outreach leads, data scientists, and more. We’re looking for a well-rounded HR pro to steward an inspiring, impactful, high-performing, and mindful work experience for our team.
About The Team
As VP of People, you’ll lead all four areas of Kickstarter’s People Team: People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Workplace. The People Team works to recruit, develop, and retain the group of people who bring our mission to life. Outside (and sometimes inside) the office, members of our team sing opera, DJ, sculpt, and perform improv comedy.
In This Role You Will:
- Sit on Kickstarter’s Senior Operating Team, contributing to high-impact company decisions and helping to shape the way those decisions are communicated to the organization.
- Lead People Operations, overseeing employee infrastructure, employee relations, benefits & compliance. You’ll ensure Kickstarter is a model progressive workplace, implementing nimble policies that align with our values and keep our team working together safely and effectively.
- Lead Talent Development, helping employees access opportunities to learn, grow, and be recognized for their work.
- Lead Talent Acquisition, strategizing compelling ways to share, clarify, and build affinity for our value proposition in a competitive talent market.
- Lead the Workplace team ( IT, events, reception, and facilities), resourcing the folks who keep HQ lively, functional, secure, and inclusive to remote colleagues.
- Strategize a path forward for hiring, resourcing, and bringing visibility to the contributions of remote employees as Kickstarter expands into new geographic territories.
- Help to make Kickstarter more radically inclusive and celebratory of difference.
- Serve as an employee advocate, mediator, mentor, and coach.
- You have led a People Team before and are comfortable doing so for a company of our size. We are small but mighty. You’ll need to be able to dig in and delegate.
- As a communicator, you are inspiring, clear, and true to your word. You are comfortable presenting at company-wide meetings.
- You know how to foster a culture of high performance and have experience tying individual/team performance to business results.
- You are a proven leader for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You understand communication systems, having created the right lanes for information to be shared, feedback to be given, and decisions to be challenged.
- You have experience developing frameworks around compensation. Bonus points if you’ve also worked with incentive structures that are not revenue-focused.
- You are an experienced manager, capable of mentoring newer or first-time managers.
- You have built systems that effectively support remote employees.
- You are open to taking risks, trying new methods, and experimenting to remain nimble in your approach to strategic leadership.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.