Trust & Safety Analyst, Risk
Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety Team is looking for a teammate with strong critical thinking and deduction skills, a knack for gathering information and spotting trends, along with the courage and resolve needed to moderate user generated content and develop tools that identify and preempt threats to our ecosystem.
About the Team
You'll be joining Kickstarter's Trust and Safety team, a collaborative group of people who are passionate about keeping the ecosystem safe and building trust within the community, allowing creative projects to flourish on our platform. We believe in clearly defined and evolving policies, open channels of communication within the team and across the organization, and the delicate balance required of maintaining both effective and efficient workflows.
About the Role
This position calls for a data-curious individual with a knack for pragmatic decision-making, the ability to identify signals of fraud and establish patterns, strong written communication skills, and most importantly, the ability to make difficult decisions independently and impartially. We are looking for an analyst with demonstrated interest and/or experience in a payments, risk, and/or Trust & Safety adjacent role to join our team.
In This Role, You Will:
- Enforce our Rules and Community Guidelines by moderating the content on our site.
- Investigate Kickstarter projects for misleading behavior.
- Communicate with our community of backers and creators.
- Identify patterns of abuse using various data analysis tools.
- Apply quantitative analysis skills to understand how fraud is proliferating on Kickstarter’s platform.
- Conduct independent investigations and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and implement new workflows to reduce or eliminate instances of fraud and abuse.
- You are a seasoned decision-maker, you know how to evaluate problems and propose solutions based on facts.
- You are trustworthy and respect the confidentiality of user information in a professional setting.
- You have excellent business judgment and communication skills, with an ability to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- You are a curious, quick learner and problem-solver.
- You are comfortable manipulating pre-existing data, analyzing results and using the output in investigations.
- You analyze problems methodically, you know how to make sense of ambiguous information, form a hypothesis and create a plan of action to test theories and gather insights.
- You have some experience manipulating data sets in SQL or equivalent business intelligence software (Looker, Tableau).
- You’re curious about how data is used in a tech company, and particularly interested in payments, risk, and fraud from a Trust & Safety perspective.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
- VP of Product & Design
- Product Design Manager (Contract)
- Software Engineer, Payments
- Senior Product Manager, Native Apps
- Senior Security Engineer
- Lead Analyst, Trust & Safety Legal & Compliance Vertical
- Trust & Safety Analyst, Risk
- Head of Design & Technology (Outreach)
- Senior Full Stack Engineer, Project Community