Software Engineer, Payments
Kickstarter is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Payments Team in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Payments Team provides the internal and external Kickstarter community with a reliable, secure payments platform. Our work touches every area of the site as we work to provide a seamless pledging and funding experience for Backers and Creators. Our ability to develop flexible, scalable solutions opens up more opportunities around how people help creative projects come to life. We're seeking a friendly, collaborative engineer who is passionate and supportive to join our diverse and distributed team!
In This Role, You Will:
- Iteratively research, experiment, and develop payment and identity solutions to solve real problems for Kickstarter creators and backers.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a team of product managers, engineers, as well as non technical stakeholders.
- Help drive the technical and product direction of the Kickstarter payment and identity experience.
- Contribute to continuous learning and improvement of our team and organizational work, systems, technology and processes.
- You have experience working with at least two of: Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, React, TypeScript. If not, you’re interested in learning about them!
- You enjoy working collaboratively and participating in team discussions and planning.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintained live products.
- You love writing tests to ensure you deliver high-quality software and experiences.
- You consider the broader impacts of your work through building accessible UI, quality & testing patterns, code readability, documentation and considering performance and data integrity.
- You value sharing knowledge, personal growth, positive feedback, and continuously improving engineering and team practices.
- You have experience with Agile methodologies or related product development processes.
- Familiarity with a payment processor’s API is not needed but considered a bonus!
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.