Kickstarter’s core mission is to help people bring creative projects to life. Our Brand team works to help project this mission to the world. Now, we’re looking for a great Product Copywriter to join us. In this role, you’ll report to our Brand Creative Director and will collaborate with teams across Kickstarter to solve exciting new problems; and have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of the creative community at large.
Your primary responsibility will be delivering a consistent, compelling voice for the Kickstarter brand. This includes:
- Writing clear, accessible copy across all product touch points, including web, mobile, and native
- Keeping our style guide up-to-date, and work with our Product and Community teams to make sure we’re always adhering to it
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to lend a sense of story to our product and our brand
- Ensuring that our messaging, voice, tone, and style and consistent across all aspects of our product
- Helping us bring us our brand’s voice to life in an engaging and creative way.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has minimum three years experience writing clear, engaging copy for online products
- Can distill complex ideas into plainspoken, accessible language
- Can demonstrate strong writing, communication, and strategic skills
- Understands our users’ needs and can write copy that anticipates them
- Can work in ambiguity and adapt quickly to change
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Likes deadlines and can handle more than a few at a time
- Is collaborative and open to feedback
- Believes in the importance of creativity
If this sounds like you, please send us a resumé and cover letter, as well as a link to your portfolio or other examples of your work. A note about why you’re interested in working for Kickstarter and what you can offer to this role can also go a long way.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.