Product Analyst, Insights
Kickstarter PBC is looking for an enthusiastic Product Analyst to join our Insights team.
About the Team
Kickstarter is a complex and diverse ecosystem with an incredibly rich data set. The Insights team is tasked with harnessing this data, providing the organization with the analytical tools and actionable insights in order to drive meaningful impact across Kickstarter’s most strategic objectives. We’re passionate about finding new ways to use data and research to bring more creative projects to life.
About the Role
On a daily basis, you'll be the primary person responsible for helping teams at Kickstarter understand and monitor their performance, investigate trends, and develop insights that move the needle.
You’re motivated to help teams understand their impact and improve their performance. You know how to ask the right questions — and how to guide answering them, whether it’s using ad hoc analysis, experimentation, competitive/market intelligence, surveys, etc. You’ll work with Product Managers and Team Leads define key metrics for product teams and democratize data across the organization by mentoring them on how to develop their own reporting and answer their own data questions. You’ll also partner with data scientists and engineers on data source and collection needs to ensure that data warehousing supports reporting demands.
Your guidance will be essential to how Kickstarter evolves, and your expertise will guide us as we learn new things every step of the way.
- You have solid experience with product analytics using tools like Looker and GA360 to surface key insights that drive measurable business impact.
- You have experience independently pulling your own data (SQL/Looker, as well as 3rd party data sources) and are at ease using statistics to wrangle very large datasets in spreadsheets using statistics, pivot tables.
- You’re impact-oriented and business savvy. You know how to ask the right questions and can smartly separate “interesting” insights from actionable ones. You can take your actionable insights the extra mile and thrive on seeing the impact from your work.
- You empathize with creators and you’re a highly collaborative and trusted partner who loves helping cross-functional teams use data and insights to unlock growth opportunities, solve hard problems or understand tricky user behavior. Most importantly, you understand the importance of building meaningful relationships and do it with ease.
- You recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.