Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Office Manager to join our People Operations team. From supporting the needs of our growing staff to ensuring the functionality and beauty of our 30,000 square foot headquarters, this position is at the core of our incredible team. Each day, you’ll contribute in myriad ways to the smooth operation of our office, creatively solving problems, developing systems and processes, and tackling challenges.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with operational experience who delights in diving into huge projects and tiny day-to-day tasks. You can manage a variety of projects at once, and you thrive on a busy schedule with many different kinds of work. You’re organized, mindful of the details, and always on the lookout for ways to be helpful. You’re a logistics person with a big heart and empathetic approach, naturally take the role of facilitator and problem-solver, and you love to help get things done. It is especially important that you’re comfortable with technology and ambitious about learning all kinds of things. You’ll be moving throughout our space all day long -- making sure that everything is how it should be for our team to work at our very best.
If you’re the person friends come to for problem-solving on thorny issues, help moving their apartment, last minute dog-sitting, surprise party planning, and advice about anything and everything under the sun, you might just be the perfect fit.
Responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Managing and maintaining all aspects of our headquarters and its functionality.
- Managing the process for all building repairs.
- Managing and overseeing our culinary program and food delivery.
- Managing operations budgeting.
- Owning and managing relationships with our outside facilities vendors, including cleaning, maintenance, catering, general contractors and trades, building services, and security services. Ensuring vendors adhere to our PBC values.
- Negotiating contracts for building related services.
- Coordinating large and small events for our team and community.
- Partnering with HR to maintain and update office policies.
- Providing support to our front desk assistant where needed.
- At least 2 years of office management experience
- Event planning, logistics, and/or production experience
- Able to perform physically strenuous work and to lift 30 lbs regularly
- Some understanding of facilities/renovation/construction
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, detailed, and efficient
- Empathetic, flexible, and patient
- Strong initiative and ability to work and make decisions independently
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.