Music Team Intern
With over 24,000 successfully funded music projects, music on Kickstarter represents an important opportunity for artists to develop resources and connect with their community and build a strong foundation for future success. Among those projects are chart-topping albums, GRAMMY award nominees and winners, innovation in music technology and hardware, documentaries and more. From established artists to future stars - Kickstarter is helping bring music to life.
The Music team at Kickstarter is looking for a passionate music fan with an understanding of the business climate to work with us to identify potential creators, and initiate engagement with Kickstarter. You will work with the Head of Music and Outreach consultants, attend industry events and workshops, and participate in the growth of the category.
The ideal candidate will have some music industry experience or education and have a passion for learning and love music of a variety of genres.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research and Identify targets for project creators
- Engage in outreach to developing artists using Kickstarter Music toolkit
- Assemble weekly tip sheet of projects to amplify via social and other channels
- Design and update playlists of KSR music alumni
- Maintain and update materials for team
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong understanding of music landscape - developing and established artists
- Instincts and enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills
- Proficiency with Google Apps for Business - sheets, docs, mail, slides
If this sounds like you, please drop us a line! We'd love to hear from you.
This position will be full-time from early June - early August, and on-site at our beautiful HQ in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
What's it like to work at Kickstarter?Come find out