Kickstarter is seeking a Marketing Associate to join its digital marketing team. You’ll support ongoing digital marketing efforts, including email marketing and paid advertising. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional with dependencies on other members of the digital marketing team and multiple teams across the organization. Our ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with change and interested in taking on more than just the core responsibilities. We’re especially interested in candidates who are passionate about the Kickstarter community.
- Digital advertising : Support digital advertising efforts, including management of the advertising creative workflow
- Email marketing: Support email production by coding and scheduling communications to the Kickstarter community; Manage email marketing requests and needs of other teams, including newsletter, transactional, and engagement emails
- Reporting: Track, measure, and report performance of digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs); Communicate campaign results to stakeholders of other teams in the form of reporting dashboards and short presentations
- Research : Conduct competitive analysis and market research, continuously monitoring industry trends, technologies, and standards for campaign learnings
- 1-3 years of marketing experience
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Highly motivated and self-starter who takes initiative and can easily prioritize short- and long-term projects; ability to establish new processes & workflow optimizations.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and visual)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including ability to coordinate across cross-functional teams
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit towards problem-solving and organization
- A deep interest in the Kickstarter mission to help creative people around the world bring their projects to life, and the marketing opportunities and challenges that come along with it
- Experience with reporting tools like Looker is a plus
- Experience with Enterprise Email Service Providers is a plus
- Experience with Facebook Advertising is a plus
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume, and include a note describing a little bit about yourself and why you love Kickstarter.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.