Mobile Product Designer
We’re seeking a seasoned and creative Product Designer to help the Native Team strengthen their product vision and give shape to innovative native-first features that drive impact across the product ecosystem.
About The Team:
Our Native Team is a cross-functional iOS and Android team collaboratively building personalized discovery and communication tools for Kickstarter backers and creators. We partner with teams across the organization to provide innovative new features and a best-in-class mobile experience to our global audience.
In This Role You Will:
- Craft concept models, complex user flows, and detailed wireframes.
- Design and prototype new features for both macro features and micro-level interactions.
- Own the native design system in tune with the web design system.
- Pair closely with engineers to implement new and optimized features.
- Solve challenging product problems with simple, accessible, and engaging experiences.
- Present and articulately communicate your work and the work of your teammates.
- Manage and maintain the native experience across a complex product ecosystem.
- Help shape and drive the team’s roadmap in close partnership with Product and Engineering leads.
- Deliver new experiences and evolve them to meet customer needs and expectations over time.
- Evangelize mobile design best practice, innovations, and trends across Kickstarter.
- You have solid mobile product design experience for both iOS and Android, and a strong grasp of Material and iOS design principles.
- You have an inspiring design portfolio demonstrating your ability to innovate and optimize holistically and at a feature level.
- You’re able to use data and research to inform your design decisions and defend your work.
- You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment collaborating and coordinating across multiple product teams.
- You seek out and develop processes that encourage collaboration within and across product teams.
- You communicate design decisions soundly and confidently, regardless of audience—leadership, PMs, engineers, designers, et al.
- You’re familiar with design research methods and analysis to explore customer expectations, motivations, and challenges.
- You’re open to changing your opinion in the face of new information or a better understanding of customer context—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded.
- Bonus points if you are a creator. We love to work with fellow creators who are excited about having a visible impact on our diverse creative community. Not only does being a creator help you empathize with our users, it also makes for interesting conversation with the many writers, musicians, painters, and artists who work here.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
- Senior Software Engineer, System Integrity
- Creative Project Coordinator
- Director of People Operations
- Mobile Product Designer
- Product Analyst, Insights
- Senior Data Scientist
- Experimentation Manager, Insights
- Software Engineer, Payments
- Trust & Safety Analyst, Risk
- Head of Design & Technology (Outreach)
- Front End Engineer, Project Storytelling
- Android Engineer