Kickstarter is seeking a skilled, passionate and experienced iOS engineer who loves product-building and problem solving to join our team in Brooklyn.
About The Team
Our small engineering team works closely together to create new tools, improve on existing features, and ensure a smooth user experience. We make heavy use of functional programming techniques to build well-tested and understandable code, and even organized a conference for it (2014, 2015, 2016).
About The Role
In this role you will utilize your experience in shipping iOS apps and supporting their lifecycle; your experience with Cocoa and UIKit in iOS; and your experience in writing production Swift code (including how to leverage types and values to write safer, more understandable code). Our iOS app is open source, well-tested, and used by hundreds of thousands of people. We use ad-hoc QA servers to test and demo new features, GitHub pull requests for peer review, and continuous integration to run our test suites.
- At least 3+ years of experience building native apps
- Display a wide range of skills and interests Familiarity, or a strong interest in learning, functional programming and functional reactive programming
- Familiarity with testing in iOS and writing easy-to-test code
- Value personal growth and feedback while eagerly tackling challenges of all sizes
- Love for collaboration, cooperation, learning, and skill-sharing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical ideas into understandable concepts for others
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. Please send your resume, as well as some links to your work and a bit about yourself.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.